-->

Sunday 11 September 2011

Moon Festival 2011

Today is the Moon Festival that is celebrated by the Chinese society. It is held at 15th day of the eight months according to the chinese calendar. This year's Moon Festival fall on 12 September 2011. Today's moon is the fullest and roundest.

The Chinese society will eat traditional food of Moon Festival, moon cakes before or on that day of the Moon Festival as a sign of celebrate Moon Festival. There is no exception to my family. My mummy feed us moon cake before the Moon Festival. Hence, it can be seen that some of the shops in Saratok will start to sell moon cakes. There are a lot of varieties of the mooncakes.

Besides that, playing lantern and carrying lantern will be accompanied the celebration. In my childhood memory, I still remember my daddy will buy a different colour lantern of lantern for us to play and carrying around the home. During the short journey of carrying lantern will have burned lantern. Definitely, my daddy will help us to solve those problems. After tired playing and carrying lantern, my daddy will hang those lantern at the wooden stick that are using to put clothes by my mummy at home.......haha so sweet when I recall these childhood memory. The next day morning of course my mummy will give us warning not to hang those lantern at her lovely wooden stick in next time's Moon Festival.

During my childhood times, I always hear this song at the Moon Festival. This song is familiar for me since it appear in my mind during the Moon Festival. The song is 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
月亮圆(山脚下男孩)


I hope you enjoy this song.


Happy Moon Festival



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase