-->

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Vegetarian Mashed Potato Rolls

Update on **19 January 2015**

I came across this recipe from 生命電視台 that shared on Facebook and decided to try it in the first day CNY 2015 vegetarian dinner for Mama. 

Just sharing my cooking and learning process of mashed potato rolls.


Ingredients:

1. 1 bean curd skin
2. corn kernels
3. shredded Carrots
4. 3 potatoes
5. shredded black fungus
6. vegan oyster sauce
7. corn starch 

* No exact measurements from the Facebook, it just showed the steps in preparing the mashed potato rolls. 

 Bring the potatoes to boil by using low heat. I simmered the potatoes for half an hour until the potatoes were tender. 
 Mashed the potatoes until smooth 
Mix the corn kernels, shredded black fungus and carrots with mashed potatoes
 Add the vegan oyster sauce and salt and mix well together
 Place a medium size of bean curd sheet (after trimming and cutting) and put 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the bean curd skin, leaves wide gaps of each edges (especially for the learner like me)
 Rolled the skin
 Tucked in the sides as I wrapped by applying corn starch at the edge
 Until the filling was fully wrapped 
 Slide in potato rolls and deep fried until golden color
 Pardon me, my deep-fried skills is very poor 
Jeng, Jeng, Jeng

Papa almost finished whole plate of mashed potato rolls. I also received compliments from Mama and Naruto as well. I'm super proud of myself first attempt in making of this dish successfully. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase