-->

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Why I Love Chinese New Year Even Though Getting Older

This is the overdue entry. Chinese New Year 2016 just end few days ago. Yes, the time flies very fast when I have fun. Honestly, other Chinese festivals like Ching Ming, Mooncake, Dumpling, Winter Solstice Festival never crossing into my mind. Among the Chinese festivals, I love, love, love celebrating Chinese New Year the most based on several reasons.

1) Reuniting with Family

First and foremost, Chinese New Year allows me to reunite with Papa, Mama, Rosamond, JoJo, Naruto and Mickey. When I’m in teenage years, I always underestimate the family reunion value because I always surrounded by family throughout the whole years. They are always ready to share my happiness and sadness.

As time passed by, I start to appreciate them. Away from home for studying and working make realize family is the important aspect. I didn’t always see them. It’s so difficult to see all of them most of the times. Chinese New Year is the one that whole family appears and sees each other.

I treasure cooking time with Mama and JoJo, play with Mickey, argue with Naruto. We used to reminisce old memories together. It certainly bring back a lot of fond memories.  I belief Papa, Mama, Rosamond, JoJo, Naruto and Mickey have the same feelings too.

Now I’m getting older, I still love this day because it brings me reunite with family. No matter how old am I, it’s wonderful when family gather together. I tell myself, I must, must back home for Chinese New Year. 

Sweet family
add with uncle, aunty and aunty's husband from Roban 
5 sisters gather together

2) Delicious New Year Eve’s Foods

Besides that, I can enjoy the food that I missed it badly during Chinese New Year. There are certain New Year dishes that are eaten during Chinese New Year. One of them are shark fin soup. Shark fin soup only serves 1 time in my family’s New Year Eve dinner.

I love Mama’s shark fin soup. Growing up I have shark fin soup for New Year Eve, thus I learn it existence.  Mama’ shark fin soup is a delicious combination of nutritious shark fin, dried mushrooms, eggs and meatballs. The soup was so tasty and aromatic due to the generous amount of meatballs and chicken soup. I’m drooling when writing it. Phew!!!. Urmmm, I have to wait another New Year Eve dinner for shark fin soup.

Home cooked New Year Eve dinner is the precious to me. It can’t buy outside. The taste in the restaurants will never be the same with Mama. The more important thing is all the dishes in New Year Eve dinner is made with love. Mama knows our favorites foods and cooks for us.

Monkey year's reunion dinner

Above are the 2 reasons that make me love Chinese New Year. I know I missed out other reasons but these 2 reasons are my priorities currently.

"Family are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you,

Family never fathered away from me

When I've to walk lonesome valley and I’ve to walk by myself

Family members will be on the valley side,

Cheering on me, praying for me, pulling for me and waiting with open arms at the valley end."

Belated Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase