-->

Monday 22 August 2016

Phd Journey Shines Brighter When It's Dark

Phd journey was not all sunshine. It had ups and downs.

The downs could be the supervisor had no time to read the writing, waiting days or even weeks for the feedbacks, struggling in writing, meeting other Phd friends that often against my own values.

At this time, I felt like walking in the extreme dark valleys alone.  I’m not sure when the dark valleys will come to an end. At this time, I was so eager to see the lights, which symbolized hope.

Last week, something happened unexpectedly-a light that suddenly appeared in the Phd journey.

I went to attend an international academic conference at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center for article presentation.  #estcon2016 #iclm2016

To be honest, I had the trouble in presentation. I seriously lacked of confidence and talking in the public. But I didn’t work hard on that matter. I just let it be.

The international academic conference lasted for three days (15-17 August 2016).

During the few hours before the closing ceremony, I was informed by the organizer about the winner of the best paper awards.

Part of me chose not to believe this good news. I thought my awful presentation skill definitely disqualified for the best paper awards.

The organizer once again confirmed with me the presentation skill was not related to the best paper awards. I was overwhelmed with worries. “Am I good enough to entitle the best paper awards?”

When more people told me I won the best paper awards, I started to believe it.  Needless to say, nervous severely attacked me while receiving the awards on the stage.


with the Vice Chancellor and the Minister of Science & Technology 
 all the winners of the best paper awards.

On the way back to the university, I was still very surprised. And delighted at the same times with the best paper certificate in both hands.




This best paper certificate really cheered me up. It was a form of happiness in the Phd journey.
On that night my tears streamed down when lying on the bed. I had the good cry before sleeping.

All of a sudden, the dark valleys that I had been walked through in the past few months did not seemed very dark at all. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


Here were some pictures about the international academic conference. Basically about meeting the people. 


 All of us were Phd candidates 
another Phd candidate, academic staff of the university and me

All came from organizational behavior and human resource background Phd candidates 
Standing for lunch was good for digestion 
morning and afternoon break-cookies, coffee or tea

 It's the best among the other lunch boxes
Western lunch box. I remembered I ever asked the waiter "isn't got rice" for western lunch. Quickly grabbed it when it got rice.  I was the rice tong 

3 comments:

Ayşe Gülşen... said...

ı lıke your blog very much. btw congratulatıons to you...

Ayşe Gülşen... said...

ı lıke your blog very much. btw congratulatıons to you...

Unknown said...

Awww, so glad to hear that you like my blog, Ayse Gulsen. Thank you for your well wishes and sincerely appreciate it.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase