-->

Tuesday 30 August 2016

University Life Post Again!

In the blink of eye, I had been stayed in the campus almost 3 weeks. Seriously, times waited for no man. Life must go on no matter how tough it’s.

Here’s the summary of university life. Yes, that’s university life post again! #uumlifepost #universitylife #phdjourney 

1. Eating Out

a) Richiamo Coffee

Next dorm room neighbor took me to Richiamo Coffee at Varsity Mall, UUM since I was not realized it had been started operating *investigation spirit*

“It is like the Starbucks outlet”

“But the price is cheaper than starbucks”

“At least we can afford from the student perspective”

“It serves the decent coffee and chocolate drinks”

“The environment is very comfortable”

These were what I heard from my next dorm room neighbor. All the reviews were not bad. Once again, it confirmed my decision to have the quiet coffee session with her. 

 I heard this coffee brand's outlet was the first in Malaysia and it focused in the university market segment
Ordinary cake and coffee order counter. But the cakes were not available temporarily at that time.  
Quite satisfied with the ambiance-wooden chairs, quirky stools & decorations. The giant ladies wall picture (i.e Raja Ilya) was the spokesperson of Richiamo Coffee according to the waitress
Trying their chocolate cookies, quite rich the chocolate and the cookies so crunchy 
 There were my left and right side dorm room neighbors. I ordered cold hazelnut chocolate while the left side neighbor had hot chocolate. 
Cold hazelnut chocolate pretty decent and I don't mind to revisit again. Having hazelnut coffee was so fulfilling as I didn't necessarily took the dinner anymore. 

b) Nasi Lemak Stall Along the Way to UUM


An Indian friend of mine brought me there for few times. It's one of the best nasi lemak I have tried in my entire life. And it's RM 1.20 per packet. 

Honestly, I didn't fancy about RM 3.00 or more than that nasi lemak in the restaurant. Those nasi lemak were not aromatic and flavorful like what I had in the nasi lemak stall. 


Besides nasi lemak, it had wide varieties of kueh 
this was one of my favorite. Salty, little spicy sambal and aroma of the rice were the perfect combination. 
Serunding pulut, that was highly recommended by the Indian friend. It was available in Peninsular Malaysia. Serunding actually liked the chicken floss. Tasted spicy and crunchy. 

c) Watery Char Koay Teow

It was at Changloon, near to KFC. 

I heard from a Sarawakian friend that it offered decent char koay teow. So I brought friend over there to try it.  
Really nothing to shout about the char keoy teow (RM 3.50) except it was so watery (not what I get used to eat). Char keoy teow was in very small portion and Tauge had strong uncooked smells. 

2. Hidden Gem UUM

After that, right side dorm room neighbor brought me to one of the hidden gem UUM, Puncak Vista whereby to see the whole UUM in panorama. 

It was near to University Inn area and needed to climb the steep and narrow staircases to reach there. 
After 10 minutes, we reached there and greeted by the 2 things: above rest area. The rest area was a nice place to chill though created my dismay as fulled with rubbish  
The second thing was the little views. It surely nice views if the grasses were being cut. In short, Puncak Vista was not well-maintained.  

3. Foods 

I had discovered few foods in the university and some of them had became my favorite foods. 

 This was chicken roll in Arabic Supermarket (RM 3.00). The Arabic Supermarket owner further told me it was made by the Arab students that stayed in Maybank Residential Halls.
It tasted salty and spicy, not suit me. But the fillings, curry vegetables were in generous amount 
Recently I was so crazy about Subaidah's Ayam Bawang/Onion Chicken and had it for every lunch meals. 
Once in a while, I loved to have the heavy breakfast like this though oily
Buying Farm Fresh double expresso recommended by the left side dorm room neighbor. But I not liked it as bitter. Since I didn't kept it in the fridge, it had gone bad the next day afternoon

4. Entertainment


I was so hooked into a Hong Kong TVB drama titled "Between Love & Desire"(完美叛侣)couple weeks ago. This drama was centered on the competitive environments of the law firm. Office politics, gossiping, self-benefit issues, dog eat dog affairs were thoroughly reflected in this drama. 

Seriously, it reminded me how cruel the real world. Around 2 years lived in my own world for completing my thesis caused me forgot the real world, real life and real human beings. Not interacting with the human beings especially the workforce make me felt like everyone in this world is the good man. I had zero judgement and evaluation for the human beings that approached me. 

Hopefully, the judgement and evaluation skills for human beings will gradually improve in the future. Not sure how many lessons that I gained to sharpen such skills?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


This 2 months, July and August was the semester break of the university. I thought no bus will be operated. Luckily, this long semester break university provided the shuttle bus which allowed me to go to Changloon for grocery shopping. Grocery shopping became the necessity especially buying fruits. Otherwise, I needed to spend on taxi fares again. Thank Buddha, the life in the semester break not so tough. At least satisfied the facilities 

I ended this post with one of my favorite song 


Carry on till tomorrow, there's no reason to look back
Carry on, carry on, carry on- regardless how hard life ahead of me, this song always being my greatest motivator

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase