-->

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Rejuvenate at Cameron Highland

Update on **30 September 2016**

I off to Cameron Highland for 1 day by joining the tours organized by One Utama Travel. I always preferred tours for travelling as a student since it make travel life very simple. Life saver!

No need to plan the travel itinerary. No worries about transportation issues. No conflicts with travel companions too.

One Utama Travel’s tour bus. They came to pick me on 11.00pm at dorm room bus stop. Then the next day early morning reached Brinchang area, Cameron Highland.

They managed to allow us clean ourselves in the mosque because majority of the tour members were Muslims. But I just washed the face and brushed the teeth due to the large crowd of people in the mosque.

Then I searched for the eateries with toilets because the toilets in the mosque were in very long queue. I had my breakfast at the Mamak restaurant.

Fried rice & maggi with sunny side up 

On 8.00 am, the tour officially started.

Here’s where I went:

#1 Cameron Valley Tea House


Cameron Valley Tea House was the first sightseeing point. It was the tea house at the top of the hill with nice tea plantation views and cool breezes.

 Gazed over the toilet window and found the good views, seriously can’t imagine the outside views.
This trip's travel companion
At the outside, which was the cafe 

I also further walked down the tea plantation for several shots. Awww, I felt so comfortable, calming and soothing while the cool breezes kissed my face most of the times. In fact, I didn’t want to leave there!


Sincerely salute with the tea plantation workers, able to climb uphill for harvesting the tea leaves

There's a retail store which was next to the cafe. It sold wide range of tea products under Bharat Group. I noticed the prices were similar at the supermarket. I can't resist the tea temptation and bought 1 box of cat whisker tea for myself. It's good for cooling body. 

#2 MARDI

MARDI was the second sightseeing point. It charged for entrance but the entrance fee was included the tour. 

This sightseeing point was worth it especially for the photo lovers. Every corner at this place is photo-worthy. 

Before entering, all of us requested to stop for taking group photo and heard the instructions like "stand in the middle if you're tall", "show all your heads", "peace sign everyone". It's like the young school kids photography session. But right now looked back the group photo, it turned out nice. Indeed a memorable photo! 

Can't waste row after row's colorful flowers. 
man-made mini waterfall not looked great but it's a good spot for shooting 
 Thankful travel companion for taking such art sense photo 
It's necessary to take photo in front of the toilets too as the memories 


Strawberry, strawberry, strawberry, I want to eat you
Strawberry ice cream, RM 3.00
Nothing like the strawberry ice cream calming and rejuvenate my soul. I like it very much!
 The plants that attract my attention 

England house. Aww, really wish to stay here 

#3 YZ Agro Farm

YZ agro farm not much visitors. I saw it only had our group of visitors. But not much seeing here except eat the strawberry meals. 

The tour guide told us we were allow to self picked the strawberries from the farm but no one did so. Everyone just buy the strawberries and enjoy it. 


all the menu related to the strawberry, e.g pineapple tart with strawberry jam, scones with strawberry jam, strawberry dipped with chocolates
That's what I bought and ate on the spot. Not so decent as the strawberries quite sours

#4 Souvenir Shops

Yes, I reached the souvenir shops as suggested by the tour guide. 


Mostly key chains & magnets being displayed
Other people busy chose souvenirs but I'm busy shooting. 
butterfly magnets 

#5 Lunch Time + Shopping Nearby

The lunch time took place at the food court. The food court had more Chinese food stalls rather than Malay. 

But I ordered chicken related dishes to maintain the harmonious relationship with the travel companion. Sucks, chicken related rice was too pricey, RM 7.50. And the quality also very poor. Rices and chickens like the rocks. 

There, 宫保鸡饭
 All were Cameron Highland's products 
 neat packaging of sweet potatoes
Fresh honey 

Overall, the prices for the Cameron Highland products like cookies, fruit jams, corns were higher than the Kea Farm. It's the not advisable to shop there. 

#6 Cactus Point

I first thought Cactus point must be bored, but it turned one of my favorite sightseeing points. I liked the unique shapes of the cactus and felt excited when seeing the cactus that never seen before. 


Not much visitors over there. It's free of charge
 Lavender but didn't smelled fragrance. 
 Perhaps it got 8 petals, so it addressed as 八仙花
 white big petals=白鹤芋
 No idea what this plant actually, just like it's colors and shapes 
 Big, medium and small sizes cactus were all available at there 

 Long and big cactus, almost my hand sizes
This one more laid down relative the previous one

Golden color and unique shapes 

#7 Sungai Palas Boh Tea Plantation

The next sightseeing point was Sungai Palas Boh Tea Plantation.

I discovered this time not really crowded compared previous times. Perhaps Friday, not much visitors yet. 


Using school bus to the uphill of Boh Tea Plantation. The roads were extremely steeping and be ready with all the screaming and roaring!
Smelling the strong fragrance of the tea leaves while taking photo at the same times
At the right side, got the Boh Tea factory that open for visit and also original Boh Tea shop

It considered as the educational tour, at least I knew how the Malaysian tea was processed and what tools utilized for processing. Highly recommended!

 Cafteria. almost full house especially the balcony area that faced the tea plantation. 


Everyone love to chill and enjoy the tea plantation views though quite windy. It must be the main reason people came to Cameron Highland for escape for the heat. 

The prices of the tea drinks and cakes within affordable prices for me.
Feeling happy once saw green views right now. 
So peaceful !


group photo again !

In fact, after visiting Boh Tea plantation, we were schedule to visit bee farm for 15 minutes but no one interested. So, it's cancelled and the good things was extra time allocation for the next night market shopping

#8 Kea Farm

Kea Farm was the final sightseeing point. The tour guide addressed this place as "night market" and he described it very large and offered lots of affordable products. 

This night market operated so early as we started shopping around 4.00pm. 

I learned few new things from the night market too. 

1) fresh strawberries were everywhere and the prices were reasonable too compared with the previous attractions. 

2) Few types of vegetables like asparagus & zuccini that hardly found in the supermarket could found here

3) Apparently got 2 types colors of sweet potatoes: yellow & purple. Purple tasted better than the yellow color sweet potatoes.

4) Suddenly discovered broccoli could be fried. I used to eat the boiled and stir fried broccoli. 


 Have you heard of "Sambal Strawberry"?
 This included Zuccini too!
 Mutiara corn, two colors (i.e white & yellow) type of organic corn from the Cameron Highland. It's so sweet relative to the ordinary corns. MUST TRY
 I had tried the fried broccoli and needle mushrooms. Not bad overall, so crunchy!
 If Papa & Jiu Jiu were there, surely both of them will grab them home and cooked for me 
 Non stop Strawberry appeared in Cameron Highland trip 


 Buying 4 bottles but all gone bad in the next day morning 
 cartoon sorted pillows 
 corns and vegetables again


Overall it's the great experience to join the this tour. What a great way to spend the weekend! In fact, before this trip, I was not looked forward to join it. I didn't like Cuti Cuti Malaysia. But then I realized I was wrong. 

My home country still had lots of attraction waited my exploration as long as I opened my heart and accept it. Everything could turned into great things. My travel companion, Safiah had taught me this matter too. All I needed to do was don't let my ingrained perceptions to confine myself. 

Thank you for reading and hope you'll like it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase