-->

Sunday 23 October 2016

Hatyai Is Always Good For My Soul and Belly

Update on **21 October 2016**

A day in Hatyai and Songkla flew like bullet train.

Once a while, the chilled lifestyle was pretty good for the soul and belly. No rush, no deadline, no expectations, no output.

I just needed to laugh and relax without feeling guilty. I could rest more. The Phd works were out from my mind temporarily.

It was great in Hatyai and Songkla yesterday.

Moments and Thoughts To Remember:

Fish maw soup (100 Baht)-first meal in Nora Plaza, Hatyai

I desperately tried this soup after few months not had my mum’s home cooked soups.

But the fish maws were hard to chew up. And I hate the smells of coriander leaves. The worst thing 
was the generous amount of coriander leaves.

Arghhhh. 

The colorful few layers of food storage containers Zebra brand caught my attention at Nora Plaza. I didn’t own it as I might stop loving them after several days.

Have you heard of Malay saying “hangat hangat tahi ayam” and Chinese saying “三分钟热度”?

Getting a round shape papaya for myself from the roadside food cart. No photos tough. Sadly. It’s different with Malaysia’s shape and the tastes too. It’s more sweet and juicy.

Passing by Songklanagarind Hospital.

No wonder it looked huge as it was not only being the government hospital but also teaching hospital for medicine students and nurses.

The more I passed by I observed all sorts of governments buildings such as rubber estate research center, Prince of Songkla University, technical college, Thaksin University, existed in Songkla

I wondered why they had so many types of university in one of the district. 

Coffee (20 Baht) in one of the roadside beverage stall, Kampung Nelayan. It’s worth checking out. The coffee is perfectly “Kaw” and aromatic. 
White tomyam soup with rice (70 Baht). Fragrant and sour-that’s how I liked my tomyam soup. It finally met my requirement. 
Grabbing few of my favorite breads and junk foods at 7-11. 
Posing in front of giant Dragon Head, Songkla

Feeling like Merlion, Singapore, as the water stretched out from the mouth of the statues and both of them situated near the river bank. 

It's such a beautiful place, however this photo didn't justified at all. 

The highlight of the Samila Beach definitely mermaid statue.

But hard to get the clean shot. That’s the only we managed to take within few seconds.


 It looked like one of the drama scene for Hong Kong drama. Sadly, I can't remember which drama 
 White sandy beach, horse promoter, kids, adults and laughter

I was surprisingly happy when seeing the groups of kids surrounded each other 
This place also famous with its coconut ice cream. The first mouthful of the coconut ice cream was below my expectation. Perhaps the first time excitement was gone.
 Chang Puak Elephant Camp Hatyai

Rarely seen the other tour members rode the elephants, playing ATV cars and gunshot. All these required extra fees. 
Such elephant action reminded me an childhood song "快乐天堂" -大象長長的鼻子正昂揚 全世界都舉起了希望

Conversely, I felt this elephant's pains. It didn't have freedom.  

You smiled, I smiled 

Malaysian tour guide tales:

“Tay, have you paid the tour fees?”

“Yes”

“Who did you pay?

“I paid to him”

“Under who’s name”

“ABCDEF”

“We’ll check the payment name list again”

How you evaluated the attitudes, behavior and job performance of these two Malaysian tour guides? They were so careless when doing the jobs.

They were not double checked the payment name list again before interrogating me.   

Perhaps I was the only and one Chinese in the tour, easier to recognize and put the blame on me.

 In the floating market to get some foods and snacks. Meeting wide varieties of Malaysians: Chinese & Malay
Thailand style Mochi (20 Baht 8 pieces)
 Seafood porridge (35 Baht)
Sushi (5 Baht 1 pieces)
In Asean Plaza night market surrounded by the nice blouses and pants.

Every time came to night market of Thailand surely attracted by them as the prices were different with Malaysia.

I could buy more blouses at there if the tour guide allocated extra times. It would be better if wore them directly after paying. *dreaming*

Feeling satisfied like having cold water in the hot and humid day in Sadao immigation check point at night. 

“Why at night we check-out in the air-conditioner office”

“It’s different in the morning”

“Part of their government responsibility in protecting the environment”

“Hahaha. You know very well than anyone.”

Reaching dorm room on 11.45pm. It had been a good Friday thus far.

Till the next time, guys!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase