-->

Saturday 8 October 2016

Life Summary

Here's the compilation of my recent life.  Not so interesting but when I looked back, it's fulled of memories

1 September 2016, at Ostriches Farm for after dinner walk. 

Playing with the ostriches and persuaded one of them to take photo. But it almost took 20 minutes to ask them to cooperate with me. 

I thought being the animals was easy than humans when I saw the ostriches kept on eating and resting. 

But these ostriches were considered lucky as the staff were going to feed them occasionally. For those wild ostriches, they definitely struggled for foods. 

It reminded me a saying "human die pursuit for wealth, birds die pursuit for foods" (人为财死,鸟为食亡)  

***********

3 September 2016, a souvenir from Sri Lanka dorm room neighbor. 

Sri Lanka neighbor: Tay, I remember you like it. I see you've it's necklace. 

Me: Yes. I like it.

Sri Lanka neighbor: You keep this one. Hope you'll like it. Then your room will become very fragrance.

I was connected with her from now and then. A friend that understood your likes and dislikes must be not bad, right?

***********

17 September 2016, unbelievable it's Wantan Mee

Can't find any single wantan in the noodles there. The noodles fulled with tauge. Raw smell of tauge caused me throw this Wantan Mee

***********
 19 September 2016, changing the breakfast venue and menu. 
Isn't the gorgeous view?  

***********

21 September 2016, excitement became disappointment when exploring newly established bistro
Thanks to these awful waitresses and waitre, I got chance to try stone grill lamb. 

From that day, I disliked lamb. Perhaps I forced myself to finish whole plate of the grill lamb with strong and yucky milk smells. 

I told myself I'm not going to visit this bistro anymore. And I can't find the good reason to do so. 

***********
21 September 2016, discovered the new places at unexpected times. 

So much to explore in UUM. So much beauty in UUM. A moment of peace widely found at there too. I even reminded myself not miss out it's beauty anymore!

***********

 Dahl that could be found in the Indian stores 
 A pot of curry dahl in the cooking process
23 September 2016, having late lunch with a group of the dorm neighbors. The main highlight dish of the lunch was curry dahl.
One thing I remembered vividly was the joys and satisfactions in Sri Lanka dorm room neighbor’s face. 
The Curry Dahl tasted similar like she had in her home country. A sense of comfort and familiarity strongly existed in this curry dahl.
I understood this feeling. Hooray, similar home country foods cure homesickness powerfully.


**********

24 September 2016. Having Durian Crepe, RM 6.00.

The strong durian smells lasted for whole day. It was meant to be soft,moisture and creamy. 


**********

26 September 2016, boat noodles (RM 5.00)

I didn't eat this boat noodles on the boat. 

I didn't eat this boat noodles in Thailand.

I had this boat noodles inside my dorm room.

It was sold by the Malay lady in the culture event university.

It was so spicy for me until my nose's water was running non-stop 

**********
3 October 2016, at corn barbeque party and had a great time by meeting new friends. The relationship and bonding improved gradually.
Then, the below conversations with the foreigners really shocked me.
Foreigner 1: Malaysians love sweet foods. It included these sweet corns.
Foreigner 2: Wao, this corn very sweet. My home country’s corns tastes salty and spicy rather than sweetness. We added tons of salts and chilies.
“Makanan manis sepatutnya masak manis. Makanan masin sepatutnya masak masin”(sweet foods should cook in the sweet ways whereas salty foods in the salty ways)-that’s my cooking philosophy.
I then realized it’s probably due to the culture issues. No right and wrong. It’s the matter of tolerance. 

***********
5 October 2016, next dorm room gave a bowl of spaghetti for me. I knew, she purposely cooked for me as she felt sorry not gave me yesterday.  

That give me so much joy and make my heart fulled of genuine friendship. 

Above picture was another souvenirs she gave me when she traveled to U.S on November 2015. 

***********

6 October 2016, the treat of the day when bad thing happened on me. It really cheered me up. 
This handmade ice-cream was a good therapy tool!

I chose to take the afternoon nap for escaping the bad news temporarily. But the bad news was not gone, so I did the brainwashing exercise. 

Will my anxiety change things? No
Will this sadness achieve my goals? No

I should try my best, not to please anyone. So unpractical and unrealistic. 

cats' poop were everywhere. 

More cats appeared in the dorm room recently. They peeped and pooped in the every corner. 

Cleaners blamed and complaint. Dorm room residents grumbled with each other. Stern warning was given about the foods donations for wild cats. 

Nothing I could help. Nothing should. 


***********

7 October 2016, raining heavily during afternoon. Every residents out from the room to collect the undry clothes

Suddenly missed Mama that did this job during raining day. I was the princess at home, never ever did any house chores. 

Mama sometimes requested our help to collect the undry clothes, but we completely forgot. All the clothes were wet. 

She said "我的女儿都是白痴“(mine's daughters all were idiot) and ready to wear those undry clothes. 

***********

 8 October 2016, first time ever tried Lai Ci Kang (RM 2.50) after living here for almost 2 years 
I was told that it is good for cooling the body. It tasted like Laichee drink which got red dates, laichee, peanuts, nata de cocoa & Selisih 
 Trying the new foods in Arabic supermarket, a giant bread with potatoes filling (RM 2.00)

Looked like the Roti Telur, but the taste was completely different. So flavorful the potatoes fillings 
I got these 2 things too, chick peas and hazelnut cream. First time I saw chick peas could be eaten directly without boiling it. 

That's all. See you

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase