-->

Friday 20 January 2017

A Car Accident That I Never Forget In My Entire Lifetime

Update on **20 January 2017**

I had been in my hometown, Saratok for celebrating incoming Chinese New Year 2017. Three sisters and I made our way to Sarikei for hair cutting yesterday.

It was believed that Sarikei had better hair saloons with good hair cutting skills. We drove Mr Innova by our own without Pa Pa.  All of us felt bad for letting Pa Pa waited for us.

Thus, Naruto was at the driver seat whereas JoJo was next to it. Mickey and I were at the backseat.

JoJo, Naruto, Mickey and I had the good times. We laughed and joked with each other while listening to the Chinese New Year songs in the car.

All of sudden, our car seemed lost control. It swung here and there.  I first thought Naruto played with us. 

“Naruto, what are you doing?” JoJo said without hesitation.

“The power steering is not in good condition”. “It becomes so light till completely can’t steer it”

I even witnessed the power steering was 360 degrees turned around. At the critical moment, the foot brake was not in functioning too.

JoJo, Naruto, Mickey and I were so shocked. The fear overwhelmed us. JoJo managed to swerve to the other road side as incoming street lamp posts.

Huge financial losses will be incurred. However, the car did not swerve to the other roadside smoothly.

Instead, it had several turns. All of us screamed loudly. “Can’t control anymore, almost collide.” Naruto warned us.

Within the seconds, the car stopped when the muddy paths of the roadside trapped it. Phew….. We were so relieved after that. Everything was over and everyone was safe and sound.


Shortly, JoJo out from the car to examine the car tyre. 1 of the tyre was approximately out from the car wheel.

The tyre was like this 

We immediately called our parents to tell the car accident and assured them we were safe currently.

An Iban middle age man then approached us to ask if we were alright. He also reminded us to stay away from the car.

He said this area is prone to car accidents. 1 month at least had 6 or 7 cases of car accidents Moreover, another Iban man with huge belly concerned us too.

He continuously advised us to careful with the incoming cars when crossing the roads. There was a hut for resting.

He helped us to call the truck service. The truck service man came within few minutes. He told us the car was drive able after pulling out from the muddy path.


The car is successfully pulled out with the charge RM 80. Indeed, financial loss might prevent disaster (破财消灾)

And yes, it was the greatest blessing because all of us no injuries and suffers. I silently thanked to Buddha for escaping the car accidents when continuing the journey to Sarikei.

I learned two things from the car accident. 

First, I always saw car accidents reported in the newspaper and television and never expected it happened on me. The car accidents could take the precious life in the split of seconds. So, don’t take life for granted. Loved more, felt more and lived more.  

Second, I was happy to found that the 2 Iban middle aged men were helpful, friendly and kind. I can’t described how beautiful Sarawakians’ inner sides. Their helpfulness, friendliness and kindness were unbelievable. I firmly believed they were not the few.  

Thank you for restoring and reinforcing human faith. I loved you, guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase