-->

Friday 1 December 2017

What I've Been Up To?


Unsung hero, gardener in the school.


He trims the plants and flowers,

He fertilizes plants and flowers,

He prunes the trees to help the trees look goods and safe,

He makes sure the plants receive adequate waters,

He maintains the school garden,

He tidies and cleans the gardens,

He ensures the garden is clean.

What he is doing impacts someone life or another. I do feel guilty creeping on me when I’ve been unfriendly with them all these while.

*****

Google image

I think this is the human nature to help each other during the calamities times. A Good Samaritan from Changlun rescues me and other victims by offering the umbrellas and guiding them to cross the roads. 

The water had raised lower leg deep, covering the roads and cars. I have no fall down on the open drains and road holes. I’m safe and sound. Can’t thank the Good Samaritan enough in giving hope and encouragement for me. 

Telling partner in crime we had bad luck coming to Changlun. Each time coming suffer the setbacks. Last time is about the bus missing issues, this time floods affected us. When the good luck will come to me?

*****


My first Scopus index article is scheduled to publish. The only thought crossed my mind was “finally”. I felt a huge relief. The truth is the publication process takes 13 months by the times publisher notified me officially. 

I nearly complete the doctoral degree.  It contrasts to the expectation in improving writing skills. Waiting months and months for reviews article editors is the issues.  It takes very little academic learning except cultivate the patience virtue. 

*****

Being research assistant of supervisor recently. I’m not stipulated to follow the nine to five working hours. Freedom doing the task and deliver the task is granted as long as I do it. 

Unbelievable I get paid at the month end like working adults.  I don’t feel it, perhaps no changes in the environment and the tasks. I still in the dorm room searching literatures and write articles. The favorite job uniform in dorm room is pyjamas rather than stylish work wears. I have no colleagues to socialize with. 

I don’t want to step out from this comfort zone. I know myself face obstacles to adapt the working world next year. I swear, I need to recharge my social and extrovert juices. 

*****

Outside the convocation hall is the amazing place. 

Tired graduates look for their families and friends. Parents get ready the bouquet flowers. Friends bring balloons and bears to congratulate graduates for academic success.  Many times I have heard taking pictures. 

I belief the pictures turn out nice as everyone has charming smiles. No graduates are alone; they are full with memories, knowledge and friendships. 

Photo booth session started from the conversation between me and partner in crime.

"Next year you won't be around anymore"

" The photos help us remember each other"

"The photo can recall our happy times"

"Last year I was with different bunch of friends; they all gone year by year"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase