-->

Saturday 18 February 2017

So Hard to Reunite, So Pain to Bid Farewell!

Good times of Chinese New Year 2017 always passed quickly. I utterly engrossed with all the happiness till forgot the concept of times and its passing.

These were the moments I tried hard to hold on to. And yes, the moments that I didn’t wanted them to pass. But what the hell, Chinese New Year 2017 had been ended.

How cruel the times were!

Chinese New Year was one of the Chinese festive celebrations that I looked forward every year. Mama felt the same way too.

Mama expressed her joy and hope through preparing all her kids’ favorite dishes like Kacangma, shark fin and fish maws soup.

It’s the times to be with the family and enjoyed wonderful things Chinese New Year offered: ang pows, cookies, cakes, good foods and decorations.

Most importantly, family bonds were revitalized again! Hectic work schedules and different university breaks make my family members scattered and fragmented whole year round.

So, Chinese New Year was unique, fun and meaningful. I started feeling sad once any of the family left home.

Rationality reminded me not to but can’t control my own emotions.

Mama surely sad than me. She was going to see everyone left. JoJo was the first person to leave followed by Rosamond, me, Naruto and Mickey.

The first thing usually Mama would do was took down all the Chinese New Year decorations in the front yard. I sensed her disheartening.

It left me wondered “have to wait next year? When is the next Chinese New Year?” Second, she stopped cooking Chinese New Year dishes.

We indulged New Year Eve dinner’s dishes on the second, third and fourth day of Chinese New Year.

It was replaced with the common dishes we had on those days. She purchased our medicines and favorite snacks to fill the suitcase.  

That’s was the greatest love in the world.

I felt guilty while Mama had to adapt “two persons’ life” with Papa. The homes suddenly turned to quiet homes.

Their emotions severely affected.

And that’s why, I would not say goodbye with parents when it’s my turn to leave home.  

Because there was no goodbye and no such thing as separation. Wherever they’re, they’re always in my heart. They are the one I loved with heart and soul.

Right now I imagine what would Mama do everyday? Checking calendar, marked it and counted the day her kids will be back home.

The rest of her kids still figured out their holidays and university breaks.

I want to tell them how bless I'm to be part of this family members

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase