-->

Monday 10 April 2017

Review: My Stay at Marina Mandarin Hotel, Singapore

I stayed there for 2 nights 

Lobby was glamorous, chic and cozy with eye catching decoration-sparkling pendant chandeliers. 

The guestroom itself decked in the lightwood furnishings ranged from the desks and closet. I tempted to stay in the room for the entire stay once I stepped into my guestroom. 

Speaking about the guest room, absolutely no complains-the room was super spacious and comfortable. 

The bed, bed lines, mattress and bolster pillows were great. All of them so fluffy and comfortable. I enjoy the restful night after night. 

I liked the fact that a desk was placed between the two beds. I could put glasses, books and smartphones-not messy at all. It ‘s easier to search my glasses and smartphone while I arose. 


The city views from my guest room were beautiful!

The curtains had double layers. Double layers of curtains perfectly blocked the sunshine. This was very important for me to sleep well during the vacation. 


It had work desk so that the business travellers could work on their computers and reviewed their business documents. Charging points also strategically placed on the working area. 

Therefore, the business travellers didn’t waste their time in searching the charging points just to charge the electric devices. 


Generous pineapple tarts awaited me in addition to a Nespresso coffee machine.

This Nespresso coffee machine made the perfect espresso for me. To my surprise, it was so aromatic and flavorful after adding milks, exactly like the self-brew coffee. I guessed Nespresso coffee machine used aluminum capsule to package the roasted coffees in order to maintain the freshness.   

Aluminium capsules and milks 

Complementary amenities-ice boxes, electric kettle, cold drinks, coffee & tea sachets 

It was worth to note that the hotel offered an air fresheners. It smelled good and it really did its job-refreshing the guestroom with pleasant and fragrance air. 


In addition, I was grateful that storage room was available in order to keep my suitcase systematically. 

Other than that, bonus point went to the lighting and air-conditioner in the guest room had been turned on before I stepped in. A warm of lighting had welcomed and greeted me. Just the way I liked. 


A wardrobe with hangers, slippers, weighting scale and bathrobe were available. Once again the hotel anticipated the needs of the guests by providing iron and iron board. No more wrinkled clothes anymore! 

Hotel’s gesture in offering umbrella is highly appreciated. The guests not need to worry in case raining. However, the umbrella was meant to return to the hotel. 


I loved the bathroom equipped a partition that blocked the standing shower area. This was to minimize watery floor. 

Hence, I don’t have to clean the watery floors after taking showers. I didn’t need to use bath towel mat and maybe other towels (in case too much water) to wipe the watery floors. 

Moreover, I also loved L’occitane En Province Lait Corporel toiletries. I love this brand and never thought it would be found in my guestroom. Well, the body lotion, shower gel, hair shampoo and conditioner smelled amazing. 


The bath towel mat was in good quality since it absorbed the water very well and protected us from slippery floor. 


Besides that, two sided make-up mirror was appreciated. I must say this hotel was attentive and thoughtful in handling the needs of the female guests. Plus, the lighting in the bathroom was optimal for make-up purpose. 

The hair dryer was in good functioning. 


The high water pressure of the bathroom deserved a mention since it could flush the toilet very fast. More importantly, it played the critical role when taking shower. 

A high pressure shower cleansed my tired body and soul. As a point of personal preference, I like higher level of water pressure. 


This hotel also used express check out and informing the guest through formally written letter. This wouldn’t matter so much for me, but it was excellent to have this. 


Besides that, a special mention went to the Aquamarine (breakfast restaurant) which had exceptional service. The waitress fast in replenishing the foods and drinks. The breakfasts- omelet, hot foods, salads, fresh fruits, noodles and sushi were excellent too.

Since I chose to take my breakfast at the outside area of the restaurant, I managed to enjoy the bird chirping sounds-so calm and peaceful.  The hotel reared the birds and I discovered these birds were not around at night. Live music had replaced the bird chirping sounds. 

 These birds sung very well 
Live music at nigh times

The customer services were wonderful from front office and housekeeping. But I encountered a very bad service from food & beverage department when I enjoyed the live music. 

I didn’t interest to order any drinks since I was there for a short while. But a food & beverage staff approached me.

Food & beverage staff: What’s your table number?

Me: I didn’t have table number.

Food & beverage staff: Sorry, we lacked of tables actually and other guests waited for the tables.

Me: Ok, understood.

Food & beverage: Do you want some drinks?

Me: No. (I walked away after that)

And I never saw any guests used my table after several minutes. 

Swimming pool was located in fifth floor. There were plenty of sun loungers. 


The strength of the WIFI was strong and only needed one time logged-in. I managed to use it although I had checked out. It really brought convenience for me as I able to contact with my family members. 

MRT especially Esplanade station was within close proximity. Besides that, Esplanade station had tons of restaurants. 

That’s all. Here’s the address of the hotel: 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, Singapore, 039594


Disclaimer: above was my personal opinion and accurately reflected my own stay. Please bear in mind what worked for me might not worked for you.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase