-->

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Being the payroll executive



**Update on 1/7/2012-4/7/2012**

The old lady woman boss request all the colleagues include me to overtime for 2 days to settle the payroll of the employees because the old lady women will depart to China to negotiate business.

1/7/2012

It is my first time to touch into the payroll world. I feel complicated when I had been assigned to handle the 2 outlets’ employees payroll. There was a list of table that stated the employees’ working time namely P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, P10, P11, P12 and son on. I had to refer back since it quite difficult for me to remember the working time of the employees. After determine their working time, I had to fill their working time into excel sheet. If there is no existed their working time, it meant they had their off day (OFF) or replacement off day (R. OFF) , medical leave (MC), unpaid leave (UP) and so on. My job would be easier since I do not need to care their started working time, ended working time, lunch time, dinner time and so on. My first day in calculating the employees’ payroll was done when I printed the excel sheet of each employees that had the MC, UP, OFF, R. OFF. The frugality of the old lady women caused us had to adjust the margin of the excel sheet in 1 paper. I doubt how could she read the name and the staff code clearly when the paper adjusted in 1 page.

2/7/2012

According to the excel sheet, I had to key in the MC, UP, OFF, R.OFF into the goldsoft software. *Lazy to tell the meaning of Goldsoft* The goldsoft software will automatically calculate the amount of the pay that deserve by the employees as long as I understand the right method to key in the figure of all the MC, UP , OFF, R.OFF. I thought the biggest problem that I faced in entering was about the time of recess over, overtime, the time of late because I cannot understand the format of the time. I catch the meaning of the time format that was hour hour: minute minute (HH:MM) after the explanation of the daughter-in-law of old lady woman, Siew Lin/ Shereen. And I also had to remember the price of each number of late, the price of other bank charges because the company relied on Maybank to transfer the salary to the employees. Genuinely speaking, it has many payroll systems in the goldsoft software that need to understand in clicking it.  For example, annual leave, medical leave were under the leave transaction in the payroll system in the goldsoft while the time of late, the time of recess over, overtime were under the OT transaction. Last but not least, miscellaneous transaction will include commission, the late penalty according to the number of late. The 2nd day ended when I printed the payslip employees.

3/7/2012

The scary time was coming when the old lady woman will check and examine the payslip that we generated based on goldsoft.  She will shout and scream towards the person-in charge that generated the payslip when she found some mistakes. The human is not the robot some mistakes and errors were inevitable. Luckily she was not blaming me when I key-in wrongly the commission of one of the Malay employee. I was impressed with her capabilities in finding the errors of the promoters such as deduct the salary of the promoters if he or she had weekend off day without supporting document. And she will remind us to write down the increasing number of late and the time of late of that promoter in order for her to produce the warning letter for the promoters. Maybe I should salute her in having the potential in becoming the human resource manager. The lesson that I got from her was minor misconduct can lead to firing. After she pointed out the mistakes in the employee payslip we had to correct the mistake.

4/7/2012

It was the internet banking process. I entered the amount of the nett pay in the payslip into the excel salary file when the employees were using the bank payment. If the employees were using the cash cheque, hence I have to give the cash cheque payslip to my colleagues. I had to email the payslip to the personal email of each employee in one of the outlets, Wilayah Cheras Selatan.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

W2 generator free We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

rachelsg said...

Excellent post! thanks for posting about being a payroll executive. keep sharing like this content. Payroll And Statutory Compliance Softwares help to make the Payroll and hr management work easy.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase