-->

Monday 6 May 2013

Extending a Helping Hand to the Poor

Update on **1 May 2013**

I decided to participate in the home visit of the poor family organized by Tzu Chi Miri. Visiting Kampung Api-api and Kampung Pasir in the Lutong area Miri was a brand new experience temporarily migrating from the urban city to those rural areas where vehicles are hardly accessible. Visiting to 7 families that are under my group’s custody make me realized that the mothers of those families (all fathers went working) were the fake and cunning one. All of them seemed to have the standard answers about the questions that we intended to ask them. They hided their true story of monthly income compared with the monthly expenses. Tzu Chi volunteers was going to distribute the financial or non-financial aid to the poor family according to the criteria established by the Tzu Chi (the main criteria was the monthly expenses must exceed the monthly income). I really showed zero respect towards those mothers!!! We just want to HELP you!!!!

 The families that we obliged to visit

                                His face could be seen from the each corner of the Kampung
                                                   The first family that brought us to her home




                              I really can't imagine how can people stay in this kind of shelter!
 It's not a house, actually it's a hut
 
  

 I should have a sport shoes when visiting the rural area

 Innocent children that we should brought hope for them

 

 provided the exam results of her children





 

 From the 7 houses that I visited, I like this mother most since she kept her house clean and tidy (Cleanliness was the important issue in the rural area in my opinion)

The last family that was waiting our arrival patiently (culprit face instead of the genuine motive)

Looking at their house, I feel that I’m the lucky one that are able to live in the well house and able to have my tertiary education. This trip had thought me how to out from my own comfort zone and be in others’ shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase