-->

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Bario Rice

Have you heard about Bario rice? Bario rice is named after the name of the town (Northern part) in Sarawak.  It is grown on cool climates at an elevation above 1,200 metres. According to the natives, the rice is only eaten by the longhouse chief on special occasion. It is long been regarded as one of the finest rice grains of the world. It is famous for its soft texture, fine and elongated grains with mild aromas and splendid taste. The rice is a home-grown, laboriously planted and harvested by hands using age-old traditional methods. In the planting of the Bario rice, there is no usage of pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Bario Rice is specially air-flown out of Bario and Ba’kelalan highlands to enable the rest of Malaysians to sample the finest rice derived from the Land of the Hornbills. 
Source: (http://www.sarawaktourism.com)

I tried Bario rice when I was 10 years old in my uncle’s home. It’s long long time ago however I still can remember how’s feel when it in my mouth. The rice texture was very soft and has an aroma. Trust me, it’s very nice. Due to my craving to Bario rice which was not really available in Sibu, Sarikei and Saratok, Rosamond will kept on searching the Bario rice especially in the Supermarket. (Rosamond understand my desire). There was having the Bario rice in the Supermarket but the mild aroma of Bario rice was gone. I heard that Bario rice was available in Miri and finally found it. I bought 1 kg Pa Lungan Bario rice that costs RM 16.  It disappointed me because the texture look like ordinary rice and the aroma also gone. I should go to Bario to try the fresh Bario rice. That’s the place that I really looking forward when step in Miri.

 Pa Lungan Bario Rice. I bought from the sundry shop next to 2020 Restaurant Miri
It look like ordinary rice

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase