-->

Monday 27 June 2016

How I Struggled With Very Little Water

Update on **27-28 June 2016**

I back to Saratok, Sarawak for Hari Raya holidays.

Yesterday afternoon, I wanted to fill the spraying water bottle and found no water from the tap. I was so curious at that moment.

After few seconds, I heard the loud yell from Naruto“ Bo Zui, Bo Zui, Bo Zui” (meant no water)

Mama: “Har? water crisis happened again! Oh no, I almost used half of the bail to clean the toilet.”

Nevertheless, Mama not concerned about the water crisis. She still in good mood to watch the cooking show. She worked hard to record the recipes from the cooking show.


Mickey just remained cool and she seemed didn’t bothered about it. She even told me the history of water crisis in Saratok and my family’s improvement in coping with water crisis. 

1st time water crisis-family went to Iban long houses’ river for bathing. Mickey complained family needed to across the muddy path in order to reach the river.

2nd  time water crisis- family still went to Iban long houses’ river but this time they went through stone path to reach the river.

3rd time water crisis- family proceeded to Jakar (40 minutes drove from Saratok) and paid the shop owner for water usage. It sounded better than previous times certainly.

I was completely different with them as it was my first time to deal with water crisis. Thus, I quickly ask them to keep the rain waters when raining. 


So, here were the containers for keep the rain waters.  But Mama dissatisfied and took all the containers to backyard for heavy rainfalls supply.


During my shower time, Mama requested me kept little water for Papa. Don't overuse it. So, I planned the leftover water properly. First in my life, I needed to calculated the water except money. Oh No!!! For example:

1 Liter water for face washing
3 Liter water for body and hair

Inadequate water for me and Papa. Oh my goodness!

At night time, Papa responsible to call Jabatan Kerja Raya (JKR), a body that in charge of water supply but get nothing satisfactory answer from them.

Before sleeping, Mama assured us tomorrow will have water because midnight JKR was going to settle the issue.

This early morning, first thing I did was check the water from the tap but still no water.

After that, Mama ordered us to go to Uncle’s home at Roban (15 minutes drove from Saratok) for bathing.

The car boot fulled with unwashed clothes, empty containers and new clothes.


We done our bathing and laundry after 1 hour. Luckily Uncle’s home had 2 bathrooms.

1st bathroom 
2nd bathroom 

To mitigate the leftover water usage at home, so Papa brought us for dining outside.

We had our breakfast in Roban. I purposely requested Papa brought us to Ah Dian’s shop for breakfast.

Ah Dian's Kueh Teow Soup, I was coming 
Incomplete family photo but still loved it 
Taking again but Mickey turned to be like that 

Since young age, I often had Ah Dian Kueh Teow Soup for breakfast. But he closed down his food stall in Roban market when I grew up. I got no chance to eat his Kueh Teow Soup anymore.

Few years ago, I heard Papa said he began his food business but can’t find any right opportunity to dine at there. Finally, today I caught the golden opportunity.

I was touching when seeing the Kueh Teow Soup in front of me. I never expected in my lifetime I able to taste Ah Dian Kueh Teow Soup again.


Not even taste it, I even could smell the similar aroma that I used to during younger age. Once tasted it, I knew that’s what I ate during grown up. It’s pretty decent!

This included dry noodles.


Then, we rushed back to Saratok since Naruto needed working.

During  lunch time, we used the paper plates and cups. Same things went for my afternoon tea time.

lunch time
afternoon tea time

At the same time, in the town area started gaining water supply. My residential area not yet and looked forward the first drop of water.

The body was sticky and hot when generating this blog entry. The water crisis completely destroyed my daily schedule and mood.

Sigh…..

Hope the water crisis was the first and last for my lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase