-->

Sunday 19 June 2016

When Life Give You Fasting Month

Early of this month, 6 June 2016 signified Muslim’s fasting month.

All cafeterias’ that operated by Malays in my university closed down. But it still got 1 Chinese and 1 India food stall.

 Taken on 1st day of fasting month, 11.30pm 
Subaidah cafeteria
 TNB cafeteria 
Red house cafeteria

That Chinese food stall didn’t fit my schedules (sound like bossy). The time when it started business on 12.30pm every day represented my self-imposed working times.

The India stall was not reliable all the times. Sometimes opened and sometimes not opened for few days. T___T. 

One thing I disliked the India foods was lack of MSG. The foods with inadequate MSG tasted “bitter” for me. I loved the foods with enough saltiness and sweetness. 我很重口味的!

All these meant no foods. It created the problems for breakfast and lunch, which was extremely important for me because I was the morning person.

Looking back for past few years, I hated to stay in the university during fasting month due to no food issues and struggled for preparing the meals too.

This year I began to accept no food issues and choose to learn other easy 1 pot meals to substitute my usual lunch.

I even liked the 1 pot meals that were very clean and healthy. I didn’t know what’s wrong with me and no valid reason to explain.

These were few 1 pot meals prepared by me past few days. Regarding the meat, I had no choice and chose the cans’ pork luncheon meat.


At this time, I was not emphasized about healthy consideration anymore because I got no refrigerator in university dorm room and no clue where to get the fresh meats. 

 Tomatoes beans and Szechuan pickles with rice 
 Tomatoes and carrots rice 
 boiled broccoli and carrots, steamed luncheon meats and rice
 Corn and carrot rice (but the carrots were underneath the rice)
mushroom and tomatoes rice
 cube sized luncheon meats, broccoli and rice 
luncheon meat with rice 

I never thought that 1 pot meals could be tasted so decent.

When in home since young, Mama prepared all the meals. When in university, I always had meals in cafeteria. When working, I often visited restaurants.

I realized that the fasting month gave me opportunity to experience various 1 pot meals. And they’re so yummy.

Thank you, fasting month!

Then, I had to throw away all the miserable thoughts about fasting month that had been haunted me for few years.

I also understood 1 thing “when life give you lemon, turn it into lemonade”.

Now, it became one of my life principle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase