-->

Thursday 15 December 2016

Life Must Going On!

**1 December 2016**

Tang Hun was called as Su Un in Peninsular Malaysia
Whereas, Sweet leaf vegetables/Mani Cai (Mandarin)/Sayur Cangkuk Manis (Malay) was Asin -Asin. Northern part of Peninsular Malaysia usually cooked it with coconut milk based soup 

**2 December 2016**

Reading an article recommended by a Dayre friend titled “A Harvard professor reveals a strategy that can help you stop worrying”

This article quite reasoned with me.

Here’s the summary about the strategy on how to stop worrying:
  • You are not your thoughts. Sometimes they’re downright ridiculous. Just because you think it, doesn’t make it true
  • Observe, don’t judge. Acknowledge the thoughts, but let them float by. Don’t wrestle with them.
  • Don’t distract, immerse. Don’t check your mail for 400th times. Take in the world around you. Turn to your senses. That’s real. Your thoughts and stories you tell yourself about the world aren’t.
  • Note or label intrusive thoughts. Yeah, the thoughts fight back. Acknowledge them. Give the intrusive one the funny names
  • Return to the senses. Really pay attention to the world around you.

All these 5 points I understood very well but hard to do so and really tough for me. There’s a saying “said is easier than done”. However, they still served as the reminder for me. 

**3 December 2016**


In Yseali Unified’s talk: futuring youths through entrepreneurship. One of the speaker, Ganesh really amazed me when he shared his ideas, inspiration and dreams to provide the clean water. I remembered so vividly his passion for clean water till he invented the water filter and eventually changed this world. 

Most importantly, his passions also improved certain rural areas of Sarawak in getting the clean water. Their life also dramatically changed as water is the crucial basic necessities in the life. As a Sarawakian, it touched me the most. At least he strived for improving people’s life like he said in the video “even one day I become a beggar, I still want to improve people’s life”

**4 December 2016**

Evening walk with the neighbors. I then discovered the wonderful evening views. 

Great evening sunshine turned the grasses and trees in yellow colors. 
A moment of peace
Seeing the playful side of this horse, Speedy

I had been passed these places for hundreds of times, but didn’t give them a glance. It was only when I stopped with the neighbors and shifted the attentions on them. And they were so beautiful. Neighbors had brought a little brightness into my life.

Never forget life was always beautiful!


**8 December 2016**

Dinner was lontong, a dish with rice cakes, anchovy sauces and coconut milk based soup with vegetables (e.g carrots, beans and potatoes)

I liked the rice cakes and anchovy sauces instead of strong coconut milk based soup. I can’t accept the yucky coconut milk smells soup.

I wondered if I’m the one disliked it in northern part of Peninsular Malaysia.  Northern parts people had deep affections for all the coconut milk based related dishes, which addressed as “gulai”. 
Second dinner were rice, curry dahl and curry potatoes. It was the Sri Lanka cuisine that was given by the Sri Lanka neighbor. As it was not so spicy, I managed to finish all. Not oily at all. 

**9 December 2016**

Seeing degree students in the campus reminded how wonderful my degree students life. Everything was good. Friends were nice because we were same age, similar conversation topics and same fashions tastes.

When it came to Phd life, everything was completely different. I had to mix with the peers that were 10 or 15 older than me. Age gaps contributed different perceptions, values and conversation topics. Mingled with some of them seemed with the awkward working adults. Uncomfortable, angry and sad.

One thing I learned was didn’t reveal too much personal information, opinions and negative feelings to prevent backfire. Must think twice before saying because everything I say left an impression. 

**10 December 2016**

Accompanying a friend to Padang Besar/Arked Niaga, a border town located at Perlis.

It was like the morning or night markets with tidbits, junk foods, clothes, fruits and kitchen utensils.

wide varieties of fruits 
Tidbits & junk foods 

I observed it had 3 sections, lower, middle and upper levels.

Lower- tidbits & junk foods
Middle- tidbits & junk foods & fruits & restaurants
Upper-majority clothes stalls. But all the clothes were Malay styles.

Prices were negotiable. After surveying the prices among all the levels, lower level offered the cheapest prices.

Be aware, the restaurants charged the higher prices!


In fact, above Thailand's products were widely seen in UUM and Changlun. 

1. Thailand "hand brand" green tea-Jasmine flavor green tea, but contained more coloring. And it served better with condensed milk.

2. Thailand Tom Yam (with Jawi words on the label) paste-I heard it offered authentic Tom Yam. 

3. Thailand Instant Noodles-This brand of noodles was the main ingredients of Kerabu Maggi Thailand.

4. Thailand coffee soaps(Nescafe flavors) -it's effectively removed some of my scars. My skin then turned smoother, soft and clean.

Grabbing this type of top with handmade sewing


**11 December 2016**

TNB Festa. So happening with the Malay singers, sorts of food stalls relative to previous year.
falling in love with this top in the first sight❤❤❤. It didn't matter whether there was a sale because I could shop at any times and any days at the year

At first, I doubted whether this top like Malay style. I consulted little sister, Mickey-fashion consultant and she reassured me by matching with jeans. This was the biggest benefits having a sister. 

**12 December 2016**

A photo posted by Tay Lee Chin (@tayleechin) on
Welcome center, UUM 
 Displayed great photos about the beauty in the UUM. 

"Keep this love in the photograph
made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Our hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen still"
-Photographs, Ed Sheeran
Wow, route A of the campus like the paradise!

"Have I been there?"-the common question while I notice the views that hardly seen before. Actually, I stepped my foot over there. The wonderful photo make me couldn't recognize. 

"Photo indeed captured the good times"
 That's all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase