-->

Monday 26 December 2016

My Electric Kettle was the Main Contributor for Electric Cut-Off

Update on **24 & 25 December 2016**

In the early morning, while I filled the electric kettle with water, plugged in, switched on and then a couple of seconds, the electricity suddenly cut off.

The desk lamps were gone, the hopes for hot piping water seemed more like a dream, the hot shower become useless. I couldn’t write the articles as the battery of the computer didn’t lasted for long hours.

Perhaps it’s the Buddha’s idea to let me resting. LOL

Dorm room neighbor knocked the door and discussed to solve this problem. We wanted to turn on the electrical phases but no idea about it.

We both came out the solution-calling one of the campus departments to notify them.

They promised technicians came very soon to examine the electricity problem. Soon? I was so skeptical. I didn’t put high hopes on their promise. But, I still hoped they not paid the lip service.

In 10 minutes times, two technicians showed up at my door. Then, they did some checking on big switches boxes at the corner of the dorm rooms and turned on the electrical phases.

Eventually, the electricity was restored. This time the technicians did the amazing job-fast in response the problems.

On the next day, electric supply is cut off again when I turned on the electric kettle. Since I was desperately for hot water, I shifted to the pantry for boiling the water.  Similarly, the electric was gone.

I quickly called yesterday’s department. Two technicians came within the short times. They first examined other dorm rooms in different rows.

They wanted to confirm whether there was electric supply. Then, I told them the same problem for my row too.

They walked in puzzled to the ground floor for turning on the certain switches on the big switches boxes.

I explained to them I faced the similar problem yesterday. I even shared with them my electric kettle switched on story.

They assumed the main source could be the electric kettle. Electric kettle was “powerful” to influence the entire row’s electricity???

So, I demonstrated to them in switching on the electric kettle. The electric supply in my room suddenly turned off. The next dorm room’s electric power also affected.

The technicians advised me not to use this faulty electric kettle. Some components of the electric kettle had been stopped working until affected electricity.

Before he left, he thanked me in helping to find the main source of the electric cut off. I thanked them at the same times, because their great attitudes in solving the problems.

And this was my first times in handling such faulty electric kettle. Never ever again in my life! What a shame!

Hahahaha.

However, this incident also made me learned to be extra careful to the electric appliances that would cause power cut off in the future. Accidents could happen at any times and any days.

And also I wished to extend the sincere thanks for next dorm neighbor that never blamed me in contributing the power cut off. We always helped each other-hardcore spirit in the dorm room!

 Kettle, kettle, kettle, why you accompany for 1 year only? I did hope you've longer life span!
Black one-are't you caused electric cut-off?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase