-->

Monday 5 December 2016

Long Goodbye, Mr Soo Ewe Jin

Update on **5 December 2016**

I wished to read “Sunday Starters” that written by Mr Soo Ewe Jin. Likewise, I discovered writers were Kevin Soo and Timothy Soo instead Mr Soo Ewe Jin.

To my shock, Mr Soo Ewe Jin had passed away on November 17, 2016. His death also confirmed in other article titled “farewell, my dear friend Ewe Jin”

Suddenly, sadness overwhelmed me. I couldn’t read his encouraging and motivating words. His name never ever appeared in the Star newspaper.  “Sunday Starters” might abolish too as well.

I knew him through writing. From the writing, he turns from a completely strangers to a friend for me.

In fact, I had been followed his “Sunday Starters” on 2011. Nearly 6 years I consistently read his “Sunday Starters”.

His “Sunday Starters” was easy to understand and comprehend because the contents mainly about the simple life and motivating stories. Politics, economics, social issues were not being focused.

Believe me, ordinary people will be understood in a single reading about his articles. Well, his writing style also won my heart. Well-structured, clear sentences and all the ideas were fully explained.

The titles of each articles, sayings and quotes brought high dose of positivity and optimism. Most importantly, I learned a lot from his articles.

He taught a pleasure to see this world with the heart on 23 October 2016.

He reminded friends need to treasure as they were priceless on 30 October 2016

He showed lived life to the fullest as every day was the bonus on 10 May 2015

He demonstrated taking positive actions to make the differences for the society rather than talking on 6 December 2015

He advised it’s possible to go through the darkness when having the hope on 21 December 2014

He explained sowing the good seeds because it became a good tree eventually. Meanwhile, bad seeds resulted in not-so-good trees on 1 December 2013

He mentioned love was around us by looking the ordinary people did extraordinary things every day on 17 February 2013.

He indicated to learn from the humble hero because they had left extraordinary legacy on 2 September 2012

He illustrated to share the joy and sorrow in our life because life was not about the bed of roses on 3 June 2012

Besides that, I learned that he had been battled for several types of cancer almost 25 years (1991-2016). The cancer relapsed between these 25 years.

He is with God now at peace. Part of me also truly happy for him as he was no longer suffering. I shouldn’t ask for anything more. 


Sleep well, Mr Soo Ewe Jin. You will be forever missed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase