-->

Monday 1 May 2017

A Review of My Stay at Apollo Inn, Georgetown

I stayed there for 1 night. 


The room was spacious and well maintained. It equipped with a king sized bed, LED TV, hangers, safety boxes, complimentary waters, 2 charging points.

As I remembered, I didn’t find coffee or tea sachets, kettle and fridge.



My favorite part of the room was the bathroom-quite large and separated wash stand, shower (with hair & body shampoo) and toilet area.

Two types of towels were given-bath towels and mat towels. Face towels did not available as I preferred it solely for wiping face.

However, the WIFI was slow and bad for connection. I had been tried several times for logged in.

Other than that, the water pressure of the shower head and toilet was extremely slow. I took longer than usual for showering. In fact, I irritated.

Not only that, I was slightly uncomfortable with the bed linen-scratchy and itchy.


It was worth to mention that breakfast during my stay. The breakfast ranged from fried rice, chicken rice, roti canai, stir fried vegetables, fruits, sandwiches, coffees and fruit juices.

The breakfast was excellent as it offered wide variety of choices if considered from the perspective of the budget hotel.

Morning's lebuh kimberly-which had many hawker food stalls
Duck Kuey Chap during evening times
Duck Kuey Chap & milk puddings

In terms of location, it was superb. It was easily access to Komtar, 1st Avenue and hawker food stalls.


I revisit Apollo Inn again after 2 months. But this time I chose to stay at the dorm room, which was RM 50 for 1 night.

The dorm room included 7 or 8 dorm beds and did not attach with the bathrooms. It caused inconvenience since I had to use the toilets at the downstairs. 

Luckily, it provided 3 toilets for the dorm room guests. Thus, none of waiting issue for the toilet usage.

Also, it was the mixed dorm room. Male and female travellers shared in the dorm room.

Therefore, be sure your requirements since some of the female travellers not comfortable to share the dorm room with the male travellers.

That night, a male traveller slept next to me and he got the loud snoring sounds. It ruined my sleep and I compelled to wake up on 6 am.


The dorm room was air-conditioned of course. Besides that, the dorm bed was firm. Cotton blanket and blinds were available. Cotton blanket enough to keep me warm and comfy throughout the entire night.

Blinds ensured my privacy and good sleep. I wouldn’t wake up simply because the sunlight came through my dorm bed.

It was common for Apollo Inn to provide lockers to keep travellers’ valuable items.  Full length sharing mirror was there too. I could check my grooming rituals at least.

There was only 1 charging point which adequate to charge the smartphone. Hence, it’ was advisable to bring the extension charger in case many electrical appliances.

Further, I got a bath towel (necessary to return when checking-out), free dispenser use of body and hair shampoo.

The staff especially an uncle ushered me to the dorm room and showed me the shared bathroom and lockers patiently.

Last but not least, here’s the address and contact of the Apollo Inn:


Address: No.7, Jalan Sungai Ujong, 10100 Penang, Malaysia
Contact: +60(4) 2616388

Disclaimer: above was my personal opinion and accurately reflected my own stay. Please bear in mind what worked for me might not worked for you.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase