-->

Sunday 14 May 2017

My Mama's Loves

Looking back, Mama's love indeed unconditional and boundless. Here's how Mama loved me:

Mama Loved Me through Foods

Mama loved me through preparing my favorite foods: fried nuggets, long beans omelet and braised pork in soy sauce every time I back home.

It was a warm welcome after away from home for 6 months or more than that.

Sometimes, I excitedly told her I craved for certain foods for example dried radish omelet. She would go to the market to get the dried radish and make it.

She always made sure I was feed enough with the home cooked foods.  She understood home cooked foods can’t buy outside.

She didn’t mind me to eat more. My weight issue was not her main concerns.  As she said “ 会吃就是福气”.

Though I had grown up (reached 30 years old very soon), she always worried if I had eaten especially I away from home.

Not only that, Mama always gave the best part of the meal for me like pig knuckles although I told her I liked to eat pick shoulders too. 

Mama Loved Me through Giving Me Chances

Mama didn’t obtained tertiary education. So she send me for many private tuition classes so that I could enter tertiary education.

She afraid I would fail for SPM Bahasa Melayu and can’t proceeded to form six. So looking for Bahasa Melayu tuition teacher was imperative for her. Because of Mama’s effort, I could continue study form six and UMS after that.

Mama was a full times housewife. She experienced the challenges of the full times housewife-no income and annual leave for the entire life. She always assured me to join the workforce. She stressed that “low paid doesn’t matter, but at least you’re capable to feed yourself independently” 

She didn’t know how to drive a car, so she insisted me to learn how to drive a car. Until now, she wanted me to pick up the driving skills slowly when I hadn’t drive the car for a long times. She didn’t want me in trouble when I start working later.  

Mama Loved Me through Believing Me

Mama believed me in not mixing with the bad friends during undergraduate times. She wouldn’t ask who I outing with.

She trusted my judgments to choose the reliable friends which will support me either in good or bad times.

Rather than seeking the reason I pursued Phd study, she pay my Phd study’ registration fees happily. In fact, I could pay by my own.

She had faith on me to complete Phd study.

When I sad during Phd journey, she said “just do your best and pray for the best”. That’s how I went through proposal defense, data collections and other requirements so far. 

Mama Loved Me by Knowing Me Very Well

I chose art stream instead of science stream during form four. Mama had not objections at all. She realized I had poor mathematics and calculation knowledge. She just wanted to see me happy when learning art stream subjects. 

She never canned me for the mistakes. Canning me influenced me physically and emotionally. Instead, she advice me patiently. Her principle-"today she couldn't understand, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow she would understand"

She knew I had constipation issue. She would cut fruits and forced me to eat it. 

Every now and then, she worried my migraine problem. Any traditional Chinese medicines that could cure it, she would go for it.

Mama, I’m so lucky to be your daughter honestly. I truly appreciated your sacrifices and cares for me. 

Happy mother’s day, Mama. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase