-->

Sunday 17 September 2017

Do You Know How Much I Miss You, Silver Suitcase?

Update on **7 September 2017**

Papa, Mama and Mickey send me to the Sibu airport last Wednesday. By the time we reached Sibu airport, it was 9.00 am and the flight bounded to Kuala Lumpur will take off 1 ½ hour later.

It considered late since Mama and me get to the airport ridiculously early in fear of missing the flights. I almost never get to the departure halls less than 1 hour before the flights departs.

The driver, Mickey woke up but struggled to get out from her sweet bed on that early morning. She did at the end thanks to the Mama’s nagging.

She scrolled endlessly her Facebook, Instagram and other social networking sites while taking breakfast. These screen times really interfered her. Times wasted too.

We quarreled and argued with each other about arranging the 2 suitcases at the back of the car. This issue could be done in advance rather than last minutes.

Mama has one habit, cleaned the house before going to somewhere. These summed up we go against our plan to embark on 6.30am.

Bid farewell with Papa, Mama & Mickey 

I immediately went to the Air Asia self-check-in kiosk to print boarding pass and luggage tag. I’m glad that check-in process still could be done as the process will be closed 1 hour before departure time.

I proceed to the baggage drop counter and found that the baggage over weighted. It beyond my expectation candles, holly sticks and 3 in 1 coffees were so heavy.

Mama did help me in adjusting the overweight luggage.  Her adjusting speed was quite fast. I definitely need more times to adjust if without Mama.

Sugarbun 
Die die must eat something from Sugarbun before I left. 

I breathed a sigh of relief by going to the Sugarbun having breakfast again. Hopefully, my stomach wouldn’t growl when in the plane later.

2 kampung chicken eggs & a cup of coffee.

Giant MOMA water signboard in the Sibu airport. Apparently MOMA water is alkaline water created by Yumi, a Japanese lady who follows her husband migrates to Sibu.

Probably I’ll try it to support Sarawak product.

While I handed my boarding pass and identity card to the airport staff, suddenly the staff put my hand-carry silver suitcase on the weighing scales.

HOLY CRAP!!! OH SHIT!!!

I couldn’t contemplate Air Asia airlines enforced the recent update rules-2 pieces of hand carry luggage doesn’t exceed 7kg.

Using Air Asia airlines almost 7 years, the staff never dedicated in weighing the hand-carry suitcase. Most of them not even looked at my hand-carry suitcase.

It was found that my hand-carry silver suitcase exceed 4 kg. I was so SUAY. The staff warned me purchased luggage.

Without hesitation, I queued at the baggage drop counter and purchased luggage. To my horror, the baggage drop staff said:

“You have 1 luggage already, so you can’t add. If you insist, it considers as last minute luggage charges. And it is Rm 50 per kg. You have to pay RM 500. It’s better to adjust your hand-carry suitcase to 7 kg.”

The anxiety and discomfort felt during that time only last for seconds as I had no time when the clocks showed 9.40 am.

The flight will depart on 10.30 am and I still in the arrival hall. Aarghhhh.

silver suitcase

I decided to take out laptop from the suitcase and left the silver suitcase in the entrance so that Mickey could collect it.

Ripped off issue completely out from mind during the panic moment. Papa’s advice in putting the silver suitcase at Sugarbun was neglected too.

The only thing in my mind:

"Not missed the flight. Don’t waste the money. I must run to the departure hall". 

Thankfully everything turned out smooth at immigration clearance and departure scanning.

Everyone in the airport had their own hand carry suitcase. They were not caught off over weighted, don’t they?

It was a huge hole on my heart when I left silver suitcase.  Sure, I left others before but couldn’t compare with silver suitcase that with me each time travelled.

We had been to Miri, Korea, Hong Kong and Bali. It occupied some corners of the rooms.  I left it this time. I fly alone.

“What if it steals by someone?”  “When Mickey will come to take it?”-the struggles on the plane. I finally understood the desperation of left and grasped the concept of left.

After landing I received the good news, it’s with Mickey together.  Unhappiness and anxiety were gone.

Silver suitcase, you must miss me quite a bit, don’t you? But you never know I miss you more than you know.

I hoped I will say hello with you very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase