-->

Tuesday 5 September 2017

My Day in Mundane Detail


Citra Alti, 金成利; a old boat company send people to Kuching within 4 days 
 "Is there any crocodiles here?"

"No, I think. Plenty of fishes over here could eat by crocodiles. Humans not yet." 

 I screamed crossing floating platform. Papa teased each time. 你太好命了
This is where I released the fishes. Papa's ear not going to listen my screaming sound. Environment so tranquil and peaceful-water lapping and birds chapping sound. 

Two fishes. Three fishes. Five fishes. Ten fishes.

I forget how many fishes I had been released. So rises or falls marginally, I don’t emphasize.

I don’t want to see them suffer and want to save their lives. To make it more powerful, I citied Buddha mantra at the time released them. Buddha mantra like below:

天吒吒, 地吒吒,苦网变成佛袈裟,

山中鸟兽尽巢穴,水中鱼鳖尽归沙,

一切昆虫归净土,若有一个走不脱,

山神水将来救他,

俺,兜利兜利, 膜啊兜利,兜多利,娑婆阿

Saving fishes lives and granted their freedom is such wonderful and nice feelings. Really don’t know how to depict that feeling. 

_ _ _ _ _

(Driving lesson)
Mickey: Why you accelerate again when you learn the road has many holes?
Me: Ok, I will slow down a bit.
Mickey: Have you seen the holes? Do you know how to avoid them?
Me: I have seen them far away but still fail to avoid them.
Mickey: Aiyoh, why your responses very slow?
Me: I should drive slowly because sharp bent. Papa tells me.
Mickey: Papa no need tells you. You can see lah. Papa says you have pass in his driving test but not me. Your Papa driving skill not perfect, he is not strict. Whatever you do, he likes.

Mickey 真是伤了我脆弱的心灵 

_ _ _ _ _


Massive road works were carried for Pan Borneo highway.

Delighting at seeing the progress of Pan Borneo highway. Sarawak’s infrastructures and development are behind Peninsular Malaysia though we have gained 55 years of independence.

Pan Borneo highway considers as the mega project executed in Sarawak so far. Federal government finally allocates the budget to improve Sarawak.

It is sort of gift that make Sarawak unique.

Trees removal, hills clearing, pouring concretes and finally make the highway. It takes many years to complete Pan Borneo highway.

Mama wondered if she gets the chance to use Pan Borneo highway before she dies.

I promise her I’ll snap Pan Borneo highway picture and burn for her when she is not in the world. 

“you can take the girl out from the Sarawak but you can’t take the Sarawak out of the girl”. 

_ _ _ _ _ 

Bak Zhangs
“This Bak Zhang for you”
“And the last one for me”
“Mickey not keen on Bak Zhang”
“JoJo holds the similar role like you in finishing Bak Zhang”
“I use 4 days times to finish 4 Bak Zhangs when no one in home”
“I request Jiu Jiu not give many Bak Zhangs so that I don’t get bored on them”
 _ _ _ _ _ 


I reminded myself again and again I shouldn’t take granted for what Mama had done to me. It’s better to pen down appreciation picture of Mama so that I can look back in one day.

Can’t be thanked her enough in my entire life. Many people would say nothing to hype about Mama’s love for the kids. As I know, not every mother has time to apply scar cream (above picture) for their kids especially big kids like me.

Normally they assume their kids get the idea on how to take care themselves. No matter I’m young or old, Mama never changes her action. It doesn’t mean I’m not independent, from other perspective it can be the single thing Mama can do for their kids while I’m in home temporarily.

"I never envy other friends who have good mother because I have a good mother."

Looking this not so perfect picture make my burst into tears. Mama not only takes care of me but make me feel love. Love literally is action word. 

 _ _ _ _ _ 

Cold and wet lately.

A good gift from Buddha when I whine much heat,


Mama hated raining season. She fond the sunshine smells on the laundries. Piles of laundries awaited her. Handling laundries was quite Mama’s nightmare.

Her mood was being affected.

Growing up make me understood Mama’s pains and difficulties. I helped her with the house chores.

I washed the dishes and cleaned the dining table though I sickening in it.

Someone once said “single woman take care of herself, whereas married woman have to take care whole family”.

"No more “I” anymore, it is “us” after having family."

It’s all about responsibility and commitment.

 _ _ _ _ _ 

Papa wake up,

Went to market to get breakfast

Packed along with Jiu Jiu home cooked breakfast,

Went to market again chatting and “lim teh” with friends, this time purely was his entertainment hour,

Went home to eat lunch,

And reading newspaper,

Papa rested his eyes and dozed off on the couch.

No idea how tired he must be fallen asleep on the couch?!?

No Idea, No idea?!?

 _ _ _ _ _ 


Not walk this path quite a long time.

But today I come across by car. Not by foot.

This is not the life improvement. Car driving practice drives to this path.

Jiu Jiu holds our small hands on the way back to the home.

Jiu Jiu afraid we lack of knowledge in crossing the roads and knock down by the vehicles.

“Ah Jiu, the home still far away”
“Not far, just walk, walk and walk you will reach home”
“Ah Gu, jia ba boi?” (kampung people call Jiu Jiu “Ah Gu”; jia ba boi=have you take your dinner?)
“Ah Gu”. Another kampung people excited call Jiu Jiu
“Ah Gu, Jin Gu Bo Kua Dio Lu”. (Jin Gu Bo Kua Dio Lu=long time no see you already)

I realized Jiu Jiu has many friends, because Ah Gu non-stop. Ah Gu not dull but we were. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase