-->

Friday 1 September 2017

The Countdown Has Begun


Usual breakfast place and options; dry noodles, kueh chap & three layer tea 

The Phd supervisor finally gave me a date for Viva. It is a thesis oral examination with examiners. It will take place two weeks from now.

Soon, I bought the flight tickets added 20kg suitcases allowance. I don’t usually like extra suitcases but I carry many home supply groceries, thanks to the unfunded situation.

Mama is the one that packed groceries as long as the suitcases can fit them. I mean, entire mothers in the universe will do that if their kids leave homes, right?

Suitcases were regularly examined by Mama contingent upon I dismiss necessary groceries from my mind. This is the beauty of Mama. No one will ever love me more than Mama in this world.

On the other hand, another purpose of the extra suitcases will be used to bring my belongings back hometown during coming end of this semester.

Oh god, this move is stressful.

“2 weeks, 1 week, 5 days you’ll leave”. Papa said. Obviously, that is not me going to count but him. I can see the pride flashes in his eyes like the hunter victoriously hunts the animals.

Unlike hunter proudly poses pictures with killed animals in social media, Papa disclosed with relatives to boast of his proudness.

But I ceased his disclosure and broadcasting.

Each conversation we have I feel he thought I’ll pass the Viva. This Viva certainly relate with the good ending. His daughter can escape and release from the Phd journey.

It can be my fault as I rarely explained to him result Viva has 3 types: minor, major correction & reviva. Whatever result, it took times to complete.

This journey really, really tests my patience and perseverance.

Jiu Jiu consciously took me to KFC for dinner, sign of good bye.

If others don’t know, they without doubt speculate Jiu Jiu is the ambassador of KFC Saratok as any celebrations took place over there.

KFC Saratok stands out as the recent good place for hanging out; cool and clean surroundings, crispy and reasonable chickens and other meals.

I ordered whatever I loved, chatted and laughed with him. Maybe I’ll see him on next year Chinese New Year.

Hence, I enjoyed every moment we had.

 As for myself, I’ll focus on the thesis; crafting potential questions, make effort to answer, pursuit the correct answer if unsure and hold the notes for myself.

I heard Viva often asks questions you haven’t prepare and expect. But I still have to remember what I know, how to do the presentation and practicing the slide presentation.

I tell myself “at least I have done something, hope it turns out what I wanted. If not goes the way I plan, I have no regrets because I really work hard”.

The countdown has begun. Being assigned a date reduce my nervousness, apprehension, fears and anxiety.

The race against Phd fund will be ended. Demoralized on the grounds of supervisors’ robust critics and attitudes will be gone.

It sounds ironic but it is true. I felt the weights slowly lifted from me. 

I just hoped Viva day fast approaching. I honestly look forward to that day. I accept it as the necessities and procedures that must go through.

Thinking from positive perspective, it impacts my future. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. All I can wish for smooth Viva process and comfortable life after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase