-->

Monday 28 August 2017

Review: Chiangmai Bupatara Hotel


I managed to get myself a standard guest room for 3 nights at ChiangMai Bupatara Hotel through Agoda.com.

ChiangMai Bupatara Hotel 

Alley or small lane

I had to go down the alley or small lane to reach ChiangMai Bupatara Hotel, which scared me especially at nights.

Plus, airport taxi, Tut Tut and tour bus had the trouble to find ChiangMai Bupatara Hotel.

Thankfully I printed ChiangMai Bupatara Hotel address in Thais and the airport taxi driver who knew the way. Tour bus certainly took longer times to search for us.

check-in process

However, I surprised to see the front desk associate potentially greeted and welcomed me. The check-in process was pretty quick.

So, front desk associate asked if my sister was “XXXX”, which of course she said yes to. My sister quickly filled-in the check-in information, passport details and front desk associate handed the key.

I accepted the facilitation of the front desk associate in transporting the luggage to the guestroom. This was because flight of stairs waited on the way to the guest room. Again, I really did not keen on taking lots of luggage up the stairs.

I was genuinely grateful!

 Dining area
Swimming pool 

While getting to the room, I found ChiangMai Bupatara Hotel was quite small. I could see facilities and amenities- dining area, swimming pool, garden and gorgeous Buddha statues within one glance. I did like them.


My first impression for the guest room-worn out and old. I couldn’t stand their designs and decorations. Anyway, it worth the price I paid. It had everything I needed. But I must say I did not love the mattress as it was hard. I couldn’t have deep and restorative sleep throughout my stay.


Additionally, I didn’t find any coffee, tea sachets and kettles although I seldom use them in the hotel room. I knew some readers needed them very much and couldn’t live without them. It luckily provided two free bottle waters.


It worth to note that there were enough hangers in the wardrobe or closet. Conversely, the remote control of air-conditioner not worked out. It sucked to manually adjust the air-conditioner temperatures. 

Also, free WIFI was available. The WIFI is easy to use and worked fabulously. I had no issues using the free WIFI.

The room had less power sockets. I didn’t use them as I forgot to bring universal charger. If there was a need, it’s advisable to unplug the television and fridge’s power sockets. Bathroom and washbasins were separated, just the way I liked it. Both of them had proper and consistent water pressure.

 Bathrom 
Washbasin 

Bathroom amenities-2 bath towels, shower and shampoo gel and toilet papers were ready. But it excluded hairdryer, toothbrush and toothpaste. Seriously, shower and shampoo gel were not replenished. I ended up using my own body and hair shampoo while I didn’t remind them.

Ala-carte American breakfast 

Ala-carte type made up with American breakfast was served on 7.00am -10.00am. I was given a small tick sheet and chose what I desired. Choices of scramble eggs, fried eggs, omelets, toast, ham and sausages were offered. The breakfast was good to fill our stomach as we rushed to join the tour.

I really had the bad experience on the day before we left. It went like this:

The first thing in the hotel room I did after joining the whole day tour-took shower. My sister who was the first took shower told me the water pressure was extremely weak. Her body not wet entirely and so did the shampoo applying. I thus tried to check the washbasin and found out the water flow was good and strong. I ignored and desperately wanted to take shower. 

By the time I switched on the shower, it came out few drops of water which completely destroyed my taking shower hope. I immediately complained with the front desk associate. They told me most of the rooms like you and tomorrow will be fine. I further asked how should I going to take shower that night. They shut my mouth by allocating a room, two doors next to my room to take shower. That room in fact no water. Because of physically and mentally exhausted, I simply used the bottled water to wash my body and prayed the water pressure went back to normal. 

Nevertheless, the water still not worked yet in the next day morning. My sister hence negotiated with the front desk associate about late check out with no charge. The front desk associate could not make the decision and the manager decided. In the meantime, front desk associate switched on the back up water but the waters were in black colors. It was found out after that the water basin could use so I use the glass to take bath. 

Never in my life staying in the hotel by using such ridiculous way to take bath. I was so upset the way they handled the water issue.

Chiangmai Bupatara Hotel

Address: Phra Pok Klao Rd Soi 4, Thesaban Nakhon Chiang Mai, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase