-->

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Musings and Thoughts of Road Trips to Kuching

Update on **18-20 July 2017**

My family scheduled a short gateway to Kuching. All of us excitedly helped Rosamond choose her first house in lifetime.


Kuching road trip's Uber driver, Papa smiled through the window.
popular stopover along the way to Kuching-Lachau. 
It's noticed that smoked and salted fishes were everywhere in the daily market Lachau 
Fruits and gingers 

She found herself received PR1MA house’s purchasing invitation email. As the “orang kampung”, this was the perfect investment.

Having a house in big city-Kuching brought so much convenient to us. We didn’t have to “tumpang” relatives. No such need to rent room or house in the future.

The benefits were endless if counting.

On the side note, sisterhood drove Mama visited eldest auntie as Kuching road trip’s first order. If no other tasks to do, Mama could stayed with eldest auntie all night long chatting and unwind.

To my horror, eldest auntie started interrogating me.

“Ah Jing, do you have boyfriend?”

”Nope”.
I just responded with a smile. This question happened every year. Maybe they wondered when I’ll settle down.

“Ah Jing, you’re old”

While I hoped this topic over very soon, this question was fired at me again. In fact, this question got me mad. I just ignored it but couldn’t stop thinking what eldest auntie said.

It’s so insulting especially in front of her friend although it could be a casual question. I’ll tie the knot if I met the right life partner.

It’s relatively easy to find someone to marry. But “falling head over heels” with the other gender inappropriate for me.

As I got older, I aware my own values, beliefs and what I wanted. If I was not careful in selecting the right life partner, I had to face the consequences.

I became inflexible and unable to negotiate with those values and beliefs.

Mama was open-minded type. I knew she will accept my bachelor status and wished me happily lead the single lives if I could find the right life partner.

Moving to better things, elder uncle-father’s elder brother took us to Rock Road Seafood Restaurant Kuching for dinner.

It’s halal certified. The youngest cousin converted to Muslim and embraced Islam. I’m truly happy for her as her conversion journey quite smooth when came to family acceptance.

Elder uncle, elder auntie and other cousins were tolerant and forgiving beyond my expectation. So, elder auntie wouldn’t cook pork in home and had halal meats for meals. 

These gestures really touched. They taught me one thing: ❤❤❤❤❤❤

“love indeed showed in action-a powerful action word”. 

Highlight of the day: Satay crabs & breads. 

The flesh crabs was incredible sweet, rich and creamy. Whereas, the satay sauce well coated the crabs, not overly sweet.

Since I didn’t want to dirty my hands, I only ate crab leg. The worst part was the waiters not help us in opening the crabs.  This included tools.

The service was unbearably slow. It’s annoying because I had waited for 1 hour. Since patience was not my strength, I requested the supervisor restaurant to speed up the cooking process.

4 dishes were served. Also, it took 40 minutes to serve the last few dishes. In the meantime, we’re full.

That night meal worked out RM 300, which was reasonable based on what we ordered. Anyway, I was not fond their slow service.

Hasil carian imej untuk Kuching International Air[prt
Google image 

Rosamond reached Kuching International Airport around 10.30pm. We happily welcomed her by coming earlier to Kuching International Airport.

There was no sense of excitement whenever I viewed Kuching International Airport. Instead, worriedness and anxiety appeared.

It was compulsory for spending 6 hours to Kuching International Airport from hometown. Similar times and energy were used if I back to hometown.

Tired, oh so tired I told you. Figuring out the poor road conditions shattered, misaligned every inch of my bones and spines. The road journey was the massive pain.  


Padawan community hall, Kuching

PR1MA House open day visit. As Papa’s peer said “lack of people interested to buy PR1MA House. The size damn small anyway”.

We laughed it off. It was so crowded at PR1MA House open day visit.

To cut story short, we cancelled our plan to purchase PR1MA House. PR1MA Houses were not the affordable housing.


brown colors of the floor plan-RM 235,000 per unit house

A price tag of RM 235,000 per unit house (i.e single storey terrace houses) was limited. It is not easy to get it after all.

The rest of the unit houses (i.e middle and front lot of double storey houses) were within the range of RM300,000-RM400,000.

It’s overpriced and costly. In fact, it was no differences with the houses developed by private developers.

Although the PR1MA House policy stated no down payment and legal documents housing fees, it still severely unaffordable.

Approximation of monthly installment 

Purchasing PR1MA House cost Rosamond arm and leg. HAHAHAHAHAHA. She wouldn’t going anywhere for vacation and looked into branded clothes anymore.

Thankfully this had not happened!❤❤❤❤

Mama didn’t want her to suffer. It maybe suitable if her income increased in the future. OK. See you PR1MA House!



I always managed to buy something if I travelled. No exception to Kuching. Skechers GoWalk4. Really loved GoWalk4’s comfort.



At Kuching food festival 2017. Youngest sister, Mickey threw a tantrum if we not came. We not dare to say anything. Mickey was the driver, important position of the road journey.

We couldn’t go anywhere when driver refuse to work. LOL. We not bought many foods from Kuching food festival 2017.

We just “look see, look see, look see”. She had the big gap with us-old bunch of people. HAHAHAHA. Mickey commented us:

“Not good going to Kuching food festival 2017 with old bunch of people”

“Where got people buy Nyonya kuih, Muachi at Kuching food festival 2017 like elder uncle”

“How can go Kuching food festival 2017 not eat meat skewers, sushi, cheese tart.”

“Papa even worst want to eat steam corns”

We departed in next day early morning. These wrapped up my musing and thoughts for road trip to Kuching. 

Oops, before we rest, we washed our beloved Mr Innova. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase