-->

Friday 4 August 2017

My First Car Driving Experience After 15 Years


Driving lesson. #平平安安去,平平安安回来
If Mickey put her leg like above picture, meant she satisfied with my driving skill. 

I just started driving recently.

Mama advised me:
“You’ve to drive the car again”. “You need to drive when working”. “This is the cornerstone of independence”. “There’s no need to request the help of others”. “Remember, 求人不如求自己
That’s my good Mama. Besides taking care of me, she taught me life knowledge so that I could prepare for the future. She walked the talk by giving car key to me every evening.

Little sister, Mickey under her instruction became my driving tutor. First day, I drove for about 20 minutes. Since it’s the first day, Mickey had patience on me.
“I’ll show you how to drive. First, shift your gear from P to R, pull the lever down and hit the brake pedal”. Mickey said
“Slowly release the brake pedal and turn the steering wheel to turn the car”. “Finally, changing gear to D4 and the car moved”. Mickey said.
It sounded easy. I straight went to driver seat and driving. Mickey observed me of course.

Mickey said, “Hitting break especially on the road bumps.” “Don’t cross over the road markings”.  I nodded.

I was so nervous and nearly froze if the opposite lane was big lorry that came right towards me. Big lorry was so scary. HAHAHAHAHAAAA. That laughs came from naughty sister, Mickey.

Thank my goodness, I passed day 1 driving lesson. Mickey told Mama my driving skills not bad. Papa supported me, “she already knew how to drive, sure no problem”.

When came to Day 2 driving lesson, I chose to learn driving far away from my residential area. I told Mickey I was the hardworking learner.

Also, she recapped yesterday lesson, which was slow down the car with the help of brake pedal for road bumps and making the turn.

As it was not easy to grasp all Mickey’s guidance, I ended up doing the opposite while passing road bumps along the way. She gave a dying glare.
“This considered your third time driving, you certainly familiar with this area’s road bump.” 
“Why not hit the brake pedal”. “Why still driving so fast?”
Mickey’s patience dropped a bit. I answered “I’ll bear in mind”. She told me, “You don’t have to do this if this is the big car. Small car is necessary.”

Again she repeated, “hit the brake pedal slowly few steps away from the road bumps, and fully hit it when you reach the road bumps”.
“You know what I mean?” I said yes. “Why you’re the slow learner? You took long times to grasp the meaning of 1 sentence”.
“Apuuuu, luput.” “If you refer the cooking recipe, higher failure rate because it mostly contained 1 sentence”. 
“No wonder Mama teach you so many years of cooking skills and knowledge”.
After 20 minutes, she yelled on me “slowly turn the steering wheel”. “Otherwise hit the road lamps”

I whispered, “YES MADAME”.

During the end of Day 2 driving lesson, she reported my performance to Papa and Mama. Mama admitted my weakness and encouraged me “you will do it better tomorrow”.

On the side note, few sisters also asking my driving progress. Mickey honestly told them “ok lah, 只是很迟钝”.

Angry die me. Fortunately, Day 3 driving lesson went smooth and steady except the parking section. I couldn’t run away from the yelling of Mickey again.
“First and second day you park terribly”. “Third day you have to improve but you did the same thing like first and second day”. Parking depends on your experiences and capabilities”.
I remained silent. Mama confirmed Mickey was right. Prior to that, no one guide her car parking, everything she learnt by her own. She never gave up.

I impressed with Mickey’s courage and independence. I had to go through many times of driving practices again. I just hoped that it would be easier every time. 

1 comments:

mic said...

well done,keep it up!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase