-->

Sunday 21 July 2013

Educational Visit to Miri Marriot Resort & Spa (MMRS)

Update on **17 July 2013**


I was not reluctant to follow the educational visit of batch 37A and 37B but I had no choice since they use my time slot of OB class for the visit.(I used to be their Organizational Behavior lecturer for this semester). I hopped the student’s car to go there. Actually, this was my first experience stepped into the MMRS with students as well.

Once reached the lobby, I was greeted by Edna, training executive and Rita Chen, HR director under Human Resource (HR) department of the MRRS.  Edna explained to me that we will have 40 mins career talk following hotel tours and refreshment. We left MMRS around 4.30pm. 

Lazy to smile eh :(
Different pose but I still did not smile
The venue of career talk: Luconia Bay MMRS
Opening speech by Edna, training executive of MMRS
Rita Chen, HR director MMRS. She was the Mirians







Food and beverage crew members was busy arranging the refreshements

Mouth watering cakes

Tea
Kah Jee and Rita Chen. Just giving some brochures of the education package to MMRS
Edna explained to them that we had to divide into 2 groups for hotel tours. As a result, I was responsible to lead the 1st group, all the students of 37A

***

Our 1st destination was Zen Restaurant that offered breakfast, lunch and dinner. The students seemed very excited and eager to explore the restaurant. I learned from their whispering that they hope they enable to dine here. As a student, I don't think they afford the fees of this kind higher level service restaurant. Below were the funny conversation that I remembered:

"You pay la, I will dine here"

Ok la, you pay half and then I pay half"

"Teacher, did you come here before, ask your boyfriend to bring you to come here"



The restaurant supervisor




***





outdoor swimming pool. Wanna swim?
I shouted like a hooligans with my dictator face when they acted naughty. I had to protect the image of the college

The white wall next to the green board was the kid playground but still under construction
2 naughty students of 37A: Caven and Jason. Oops, David was not the naughty students



Look at them, super excited~~


I hope I can stay here for 1 night
Remember!
Shower in the outdoor was available


Ang Mo little girl


The mock tail cocktail expert maker that briefing us the differences between mock tail and cocktail
All of them pay attention when Edna said will have test after the hotel tours



The garden them wedding will organized in here

***

Headed to the fitness center






Sauna room but they not intended to visit the sauna room. They wanted to use the toilet of the sauna room
Aerobic room

***

Kitchen will be our next stop. In the kitchen we met with 2nd group. 



2nd group eager to take photo with the executive chef 





***
Edna brought to visit the rooms sold by the MMRS










Below the room was the expensive one and it only cater for the prime minister, chief minister Sarawak for instance. It had the spacious, private bath room, kitchen and secret door. A lot of wow factors inside the room. 










 





 




***

That's the time for refreshment. All of us liked a hungry ghost because the hotel tours had burned our energy.



*******Pillow talk*******

Almost two months being the lecturer, everything was going fine, not absolutely but my lecturing skills slightly better and improved from times to times. Everyday I had to do a mediocre job planning such as developed the notes , produced the tutorial questions and marking but it’s fine. There were some classes that I hate them so much but they were the ones that push me to greater miles. *heartbroken* Those classes had a huge problem of motivation. I spent few hours of preparing the lesson and felt like the fool standing in front getting all excited but nothing. Of course they didn't care the lessons, they even didn't know what’s the lesson about! Lessons meant nothings for them, attendance marks brought significance for them. In this profession, I was trying to proceed by lesson by masking my disappointment and maintaining my enthusiasm. Honestly, I had the highest respect and admiration for those who remain positive and passionate although in this profession for many many years.

OB midterm marks

I feel that the existence of those college students make my life a living hell, but I understand the truth was they had made me a stronger lecturer. My current motto was “the longer time in this profession, the stronger that I have”. I was devastated when finished marking OB midterm and really depressed for the whole day. Their results are quite weak relative to another class. But I realized something, they all tried their best!!! All of them did not left their essay questions empty, nobody give up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase