-->

Saturday 25 October 2014

Love Meals

During the few days stay in Naruto’s house, I managed to cook some meals for her.  She told me she hated eating Malay food again and again in the cafeteria university. Mine had the same feeling too.  “We’re eating because of survival”.

Because of her, I brainstormed what’s for breakfast, lunch and dinner (except outings), purchased some cooking materials and rolled up my sleeves and get busy in the kitchen. I even slashed my finger in the food preparation process (She said: I never seen people get hurt in the cooking, why you’re so stupid”).I understood her, she didn’t had any intention to say such a cruel words to me.

Besides that, I felt annoyed with her when she requested for fruit platters in the early morning (I used to pamper her by providing few fruits that rich in Vitamin C as breakfast). However, sisterhood combated my ignorance. I dragged myself to kitchen and prepared fruits platter for her as usual.

Furthermore, during the first day cooking in her home I accidentally set her housemates' pot on fire. I feel stressed and phobia. Rationality drove me to pick up the courage for cooking. I wished I able to feed Naruto with my self-making nutritional meals.

I made a huge contribution to our sisterhood by making meals! I just realized my feminine side from the moment I started cooking for her.

October 18, 2014. Dinner. Stir fried vegetables, steamed fish and radish eggs
October 21, 2014. Breakfast. Dragon fruits and cherry tomatoes
October 21, 2014. Dinner. Steamed chicken, boiled vegetables and beancurd corn soup
October 22, 2014. Breakfast. breads, hard-boiled eggs, overnight oats, self-made dried mee
October 23, 2014. Breakfast. Breads, Yogurt, fruit bowl and hot milk
 October 23, 2014. Lunch
October 23, 2014. Dinner. Seaweed soup, sausage rice, boiled vegetables
October 24, 2014. Breakfast. Yogurt, orange , cherry tomatoes, kiwi
October 24, 2014. Lunch. Stir-fry baby Kailan, tofu corn soup, steamed chicken wings, fried eggs with tomatoes beans

Cooking for someone that I loved brought the happiness for me. That’s how I define happiness currently. We got chatting more and more when dining (eg critized and commented my homemade dish). Luckily, she finished A.L.L the foods. Cooking for yourself (lack of interest, just for the sake of survival) is happened to me when I worked. No one finished your leftover food, no one complained about the lousy cooking skills, empty seats on the dining table all the times. Those feelings killed me and decreased my percentage to enter the kitchen anymore.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

u still can cook what?? well done ^^

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase