-->

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Virgin Visit to Malacca (Part I)

Update on **19 October 2014**

I had 1 day Malacca trip offered by Naruto Tay (4th sister) during the semester break of the university. We departed from Batu Pahat to Malacca that took 2 hours bus journey. 

As the morning person, I prefer to reach the destination in the morning rather than afternoon. Naruto started to buy the most early morning bus ticket to Malacca (after seeking my advice)1 week before to prevent the tickets being sold out and called the taxi too to sent us over bus station in Batu Pahat. Naruto is the good trip planner!

I had been heard Malacca from my younger age until now but didn't have the opportunity to visit it. Now I grabbed the opportunity to see this  World Heritage City. Yeaaaaa!!!! I was extreme excited and spend the lovely time with my lovely Naruto.

 Around 7am, we reached the bus station that hardly to found more humans in such early morning
 Hunting for breakfast in the Chinese restaurant within the short distance from bus station
 Trying Loh Mee
 Sharing Loh Mee with Naruto
          Selfie is a must to begin our Malacca journey
That's the S&S bus that we had to ride
"It was our bus plate number": Naruto said
Approximately 10am, we arrived Malacca Sentral and boarded bus no 17 to red house (with bus fare RM 1.50 each)

Redhouse or Stadthuys was the buildings painted in red and built by Dutch occupants in 1650.  Several tourist attractions such as St Paul Church, Fort A Famosa, Malacca river, Jonker street were located in the red house area.
Unfortunately, I didn't ride the extreme expensive Hello Kitty trishaws. Flowery trishaws can be found everywhere to fetch tourists to their tourist spots
The buildings that painted in red were perfect match with my cardigan
The face of Naruto that can't stand the heat


 





 No, no, no....We didn't ride on the river cruise 

   Going to Malacca without visiting its well known Red House is like going to Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower
Christ Church was located next to Red House.
Both of us bought the sunglasses as a souvenir

Heading to St. Paul church that located in the uphill.
A bit tired when climbing up the staircase (I had to acknowledge that I was getting older)
I smelled the ancient and historical elements from those red architecture
Amazing view

modern staircase VS ancient staircase

It's difficult to get the clean shoot

Enjoying the Portuguese architecture in the extreme heat atmosphere
 
I assumed it's a wishing pond but it's a wishing hall for Naruto


historical monuments
Graveyard or burial place



Walking down from the St Paul church was the Fort A'Famosa built by Alfonso De Arbuqueque in 1512 to defend attacks from enemies.





It was a great experience to observe and explore the historical red house buildings in Malacca by myself rather than read tonnes of History Malaysia textbooks. It's like Chinese saying "traveling thousand of miles is better than reading thousand of books". Throughout the visit, I was sweating buckets and and dehydration. I will remember to bring the mini fan to have the cooler atmosphere for my next visit.I believe Tay Pa Pa will love to visit Redhouse since he's the historical lovers. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase