-->

Wednesday 23 March 2016

A Rural Sarawakian Travel By Car

I belief the rural folks have the same experiences, feelings and thoughts like me when they travel by car.

I come from Saratok, one of the districts in Sarawak but it still lacks of facilities such as airport, university, corporations and factories.

Since no airport facilities in Saratok, I need to use Sibu Airport or Kuching International Airport. I prefer Sibu Airport because it is more nearer to Saratok (2 hours).

Sadly, Kuching International Airport connects to various cities compared Sibu Airport.

Thus, sometimes I force to depart from Kuching International Airport.

I used to very sad and even hopeless when travel by car directly from Saratok to Kuching International Airport because the journey takes 5 hours.

I have to wake up 5am to get ready before the van picks me up on 7am. Further, the road conditions from Saratok to Kuching are bad. The roads have big and small holes.

The van can’t run smoothly and it makes me wants to vomit and feel dizzy throughout the journey. After 5 hours hardship, I finally reach Kuching International Airport.

Due to night flight, I must wait in the Kuching International Airport for 7 hours.  I never take morning flight due to 5 hours journey from Saratok to Kuching.

My burden increases when I choose to overnight in any hotels. Moreover, I don’t like to disturb my relatives and friends in Kuching.

Every time I start my travel journey in the very early morning and it ends in the late night. 1 day is gone like this.

In a nutshell, I’m happy with the creation of Pan Borneo Highway because it does shorten car’s travel times. Hopefully, Pan Borneo Highway could be done successfully.

The daily van service from Saratok to Kuching that costs RM 45 per pax. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase