-->

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Sibu's Instant Kampua Noodles

In the previous entry I mentioned that I had bought a packet of Sibu’s instant Kampua noodles from Sibu Farley Supermarket.

I wished to let Mama to try as it offered authentic Sibu’s Kampua noodles.

Kampua was came from Sibu. The signature was black looked like noodles and strong smelled of lard oil. 

2 years ago, I had been tried Sibu’s instant Kampua noodles when I worked in Miri but I forgot to share in the blog.  This time I decided to share it. 

Sibu instant Kampua noodle's old packaging 2 years ago  
 Current packaging. It still had other types of packaging in the supermarket shelves. 
 1)Kampua noodles, 2)lard oil, 3)dark soy sauce
 The  lard oil was in white color and transparent look alike while dark soy sauce was in black color. So contrasting!!!

Cooking method:

1) Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remember don't overcooked it. Otherwise, it became gummy
2) Drain well
3) Mix well with all the seasonings
4) Feel free to add the chopped spring onions, char siew meats, fried shallots and so on. 

Voila, it was ready to serve. 

Once again, I must say Sibu’s instant Kampua noodles tasted similar with the fresh Kampua noodles in coffee shop/ kopitiam. The pork lard made the huge contribution. Mama and sisters were strongly agreed too.

Some of us even wanted to bring along the instant Kampua noodles in our suitcases when we back to Peninsular Malaysia. Seriously, I missed the taste of Sarawak noodles (either Kampua or Kolo mee) when studying in Peninsular Malaysia because I ate Sarawak noodles almost every day when I grew up.

So, I make my own version of Sarawak noodles, that was cook the instant noodles and mix well with dark soy sauce. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the lard oil thus the taste will never be the same. Luckily, now got the instant Kampua noodles can easily cure my “Sarawak noodles sick”

Last but not least, check out the Facebook of the founder for more information.

P/S: above was my personal sharing and nothing to do with the advertorial. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase