-->

Thursday 29 June 2017

A Day in Alor Setar City

Update on **25 June 2017**



I was here, at the bus stop, off to Alor Setar City.

One way bus ticket, RM 5.70. I only spend RM 5.70 for 1 1/2 hour bus rode journey.  Budget and economical way for relaxation. 



Once I saw this red  bridge, I knew Aman Central shopping mall was not far from me anymore. I reached there approximately 5 minutes. 


Passing through the back yard of a house decorated with the sea shells. It brought me back to the beach and seaside. 


Seeing Alor Setar Tower countless times this semester. It was in my strangers list but now it changed to acquaintances list.


Almost a decade not consumed Chinese foods and immediate took action. Wishing to have ginger pork rices but it was not available in menu. I ended up ordered pineapple fried rice. 

I regretted for not probing the kopitiam assistant after I saw a middle aged man ordered ginger pork rice. 

The kopitiam so generous in giving 3 pieces of fried chickens, which contradicted to previous pineapple fried rice. 

Peeping the surroundings of the kopitiam. Youngsters were the main customers. They wore jeans, T-shirt and played phones. 

Hokkien language filled the air. A sense of familiarity was there. Not much differences between here and my home town, I believed.


"You don't teach me how to use this noodle machine".

"I have no time to teach you"

A learner eager to learn but the owner not allocate his precious times for teaching. 

If Jiu Jiu (舅舅) was the owner, he will say "don't play here, I'm doing business, going upstairs watching drama or buying ice creams". 

Lol.....


Dinner-Hai Top's mee hoon kueh, RM 5.00. I loved it. The soup was incredible tasty, while the mee hoon kueh so chewy. 

Another best part? mee hoon kueh not oily, fulfilled my diet requirement. 


Self-pampering time, food massage. Food masseur was a Sabahan. He lived in Keningau,Sabah.

He followed his friends to earn a living in here. Nothing was easy, right?

I surprisingly felt 亲切感。He had the similar feelings by giving the wide smiles while he learnt that I was a Sarawakian. 

We all had frustration in terms of Sabah and Sarawak's development. It was the huge equality between Sabah, Sarawak and Peninsular Malaysia. 

Because of underdevelopment, Sabah and Sarawakian always being looked down by Peninsular Malaysia fellows. Only Sabahans and Sarawakians had been gone through will understood the feelings. 

At the end, I had learnt that:

"No matter where the world took Sabahans and Sarawakians, their hearts never left Borneo land. The feeling treated like stepchild never ever forgot"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase