-->

Friday 23 June 2017

One Day Outing

Bazaar of the central atrium with many traditional outfits

I spent my afternoon at Aman Central shopping mall at last Thursday. I was with my two dorm room neighbors.

But one neighbor left for settling her ad hoc matters. In spite of that, I’m not in the shopping spree with another neighbor.

My desire for trend outfits was gone. On top of that, I had zero fashion sense. I hardly met anyone almost every day. I didn’t need the trend outfits at the current moment.

Even said so, I observed the activities and surroundings of the shopping mall. Giant Hari Raya lanterns hanged from floors to floors.

White and blue colors mosques backdrop and palm trees decorated the central atrium.

Shoppers either couples, families and friends took photos with the white and blue colors mosques.

Selfie sticks or the helps of other shoppers came together as they could post in the social media channels.

Shopping malls’ security guards monitored the crowds in front of white and blue colors mosques backdrop.

Not only that, bazaar booths that offered many varieties of Hari Raya goodies ranged from traditional outfits, cookies, carpets, jewellery and hair accessories.

In line with the season, Hari Raya festive songs kept on playing loudly.

All these created and lived up Hari Raya moods.

Muslims shoppers busied themselves in stocking up baju raya, kuih raya and household items. Everyone looked so happy.

Other shoppers on the other hand in the food and entertainment establishments such as McDonald, KFC and cinema.

I overheard youngsters discussed the new menu of McDonald, which was Foldover. They also dilemma in choosing their movies.

Innocent and energetic toddlers run here and there at McDonald.

I couldn’t recall last times I went out to observe the people doing different things and listen to their interesting conversations.

Truth to be told, I just can’t enjoy, sometimes.

It was liked I’m in the field of flowers which symbolized as lots of people. I had seen all the flowers, but I didn’t want to smell and pick them.

That’s the best description I could think of. New people, new environment, new places and new things were not easy for me.

The change of environment made me not secure at all. I overwhelmed by the crowds and loud noises.

I scared and wanted to leave. I never knew that I disliked the crowded places so much.

I had been confined in the room when I wrote the thesis and read the articles almost 3 years. I restricted the social activities.

I satisfied and enjoyed the lonely times. Quiet and silence were beautiful.

I felt better after several hours when I told myself I must adapt to the crowds and noises. This negative mentality held me down and stopped to view the things from the positive perspectives.  

I have gained deeper insight of myself in the outing day.  All I can advise myself was came out from the shell, and mixed with the people.

I was glad to say that the outing was very encouraging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase