-->

Monday 5 June 2017

of Fat Days and Weeks

It’s going to be fat days and weeks during fasting month. FAT FAT FAT.

Majority campus cafeterias closed in the morning but they started operating on 3pm. Basically, I relied on canned foods, potatoes, dried mushrooms, black fungus for my 2 daily meals--breakfast and lunch.

Yeo’s canned curry always became my priorities. Rich, fragrance and aromatic curry sauce stimulated my appetite and increased my rice consumption.

Why you so delicious, Yeo’s canned curry??? I’m easily gained weight because of this. T___T

At the meantime, cafeteria sold wide varieties of fried “Kuih-muih”. All of them pretty crispy, crunchy but carried along with extra fats.

I imagined while I munched on the delicious, shiny and greasy fried kuih muih, actually my calories being added up.

But I told myself, it’s fine to have more foods as campus cafeterias turned to quiet and peaceful on 3rd week of fasting month. It was the long semester break.

Only Subaidah, mamak restaurant will be remained open as usual during long semester break. Me and peers considered Subaidah was our best friend. Subaidah was my “guardian angel” too.

Whether Subaidah’s foods delicious or not, I had to eat. I have no other choices and options.

Eventually this positive mentality and perceptions make me stayed curious on the northen part Western Malaysia kuih muih that I could not found in my hometown.

I took time to learn northen part Western Malaysia kuih muih by googling and asked the locals. That’s how positive mentality and perceptions had widened my vision.

Sharing some northern part Western Malaysia kuih muih here! What do you think above northern part Western Malaysia kuih muih?

#1- Kuih qasidar. 

It looked like my favorite food, steam yam or pumpkin cakes in Sarawak.

But totally two different things. Kuih qasidar was made with flour and tasteless. But it was rich with fried shallots aroma and fragrance.

On top of that, kuih qasidar was distinctly soft almost pudding like but firm structure. 

#2- Pickled red onions. 

Surprisingly discovered pickled red onions went with martabak ayam or daging. Chili sauce was the only condiments that I ate with martabak ayam or daging. 

N.E.W.S.E.E.D image #3-Cucur badak- with spicy coconut fillings.
N.E.W.S.E.E.D image #4- Kuih Nona manis

I was told that it was the current trend of Ramadan bazaar this year. It seems correct as it appeared in every stall.

#5- Lompat tikam 
N.E.W.S.E.E.D image #6 Popiah with chili sauce

Learning those northern part Western Malaysia kuih muih was so enjoyable and fun. I had learned so much.

There’s no doubt that, when I embraced positive mentality and perceptions, I had no missed out all the delicious northen part Western Malaysia kuih muih and other related cultures and norms too.


That's all. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase