-->

Thursday 5 October 2017

Everything Update


8 September 2017

Occasional lunch venue, MAS carried out renovations.  New semester, new chairs & tables, new feelings attract more students like me. It perhaps embraced Chinese New Year philosophy-new hairstyles, shoes and clothes to wash away the bad luck.



Hard to find the bar tables and chairs in the common cafeteria except for high-class bar & bistro or coffee houses.


I make fun by taking off my shoes, bare foot and shaking the legs while having the meal. I felt I was in the playground swing seat. 

*********

9 September 2017

My PhD supervisors are really good”

“They always check my write up” 

“They comment and critic entire write up”
 

 “I take up 8 or 9 months to complete one chapter but I gain satisfaction”
 

“It’s worth it. I learn a lot from them”

A neighbor told me her Phd progress and the conversation lead to the supervisors’ dedication in guiding her.

I guess it once again reminded me how my main supervisor’s dedication. I never complained her tight deadlines of write up being given.

I always thankful her in pushing my progress. Needless to say, I feel the same way exactly liked the neighbor. 

But the dedication was not lasted longer. Everything will come to an end, right? Nothing in the world is permanent.

I missed her dedication but I wondered sometimes if this aspect was really worth missing?


*********

12 September 2017

Peers A: This new semester I have to 
pay my own tuition and accommodation fees,RM 4000. MyBrain not covers  anymore. And my mother bears all   the cost since I don’t have income. 
Peers B: I feel want to defer the study when it not requires tuition fees. But end up no place to stay.

Peers C: I can’t afford to stay in the single room this semester. I’m going to share with someone else.  Accommodation fees will be cheaper, RM 1440 to RM 720.

These are whines and groans of my Ph.D peers lately. They run out the funds when came to 4th years of PhD studies.

There’s no exception for me but I was not committed to the monthly cars installment. They had and some even find the job not only to feed themselves but also the cars. *POOR SCHOLARS*

I have no objections as everyone has different financial planning.

At that moment, I wish in the Ph.D journey got someone teach us on what kind of financial difficulties we might face, how to deal with them. Most importantly, someone could help us address the anxieties, tensions and rages throughout the Ph.D process. 

*********

16 September 2017

First round dinner at Texas Chicken, Alor Setar. Another half an hour, a friend brought me to second round dinner, Laksa and Cendol at Olala 1.

I’m not going to have many chances in the future. So, it’s ok. Eat, eat, eat, eat.

Then I asked her why she picked Olala 1, she said it went viral in the Facebook. Can’t deny social media is the powerful marketing tools.

I surprisingly found that many varieties of Cendol:

#1 Cenlut
#2 Cenka
#3 Cengong,
#4 Cenbu
#5 Cenpai
#6 Cenyan

Oh well, all these were the abbreviation of the cendol names

#1 Cenlut-Cendol Pulut 
#2 Cenka-Cendol Nangka 
#3 Cengong-Cendol Jagong 
#4 Cenbu-Cendol Labu 
#5 Cenpai-Cendol Tapai

I heard this for the first time. How can Tapai (i.e fermented rice with sharp taste) in the cendol?!?

#6 Cenyan-Cendol Durian

Cendol Jagung and Kacang, such a big owl and I can’t finished.
Laksa. The broth was quite thick and aromatic from the sardines.  

*********

22 September 2017

In the blurred vision when I woke up, I made my way to the washrooms.  Prior reaching washroom, I heard cats’ terrible noises.

There were 2 cats; male and female cats in the mating process. Their mating process was not in the washroom corner but in the washroom entrance.

They had blocked my way, which pissed me off.  So, my instant reaction was- “shhhhh” them and they apart.

I step on a pool of water once I opened the room door. Why is the floor wet? The water has smells and yellow colors!

GOSH!!! That was cat’s urine. The male cat who I shouting at couple minutes ago was peeing in my room.

The male cat stared at me. He seemed wanted to see my reaction. *RAGE*.  He gave me extra cleaning job.

And then the worst part, the cat pee scents never gone for few days!!!


*********

24 September 2017


Looked up the sky. Take the deep breath. The clouds today had a line which tally with the hanging rope.

It’s amazing!!!

*********

25 September 2017

New mattress.

At first, I was not willing to exchange the old mattress with the new one. Neighbor advised me “they give you, you should take it”.

But new mattress not brought happiness because I not get used to it. I was not fully comfortable with the hardness and affected the sleep quality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase