-->

Sunday 3 January 2016

Day 6 Discover Hong Kong: Discovery Bay (don't miss it)

Visiting Discovery Bay (愉景湾)considered as our spontaneous travel. It was the residential areas and surrounded by Tiger Head Mountains and natural beaches (i.e Tai Pak (大白湾) & Yi Pak  (二白湾)Bays). We searched how to go there and what to do there when we're at Disneyland. 

I was so proud of ourselves finally did it as we were planner by nature. I used to plan and consider the attractions, transportation to reach the attractions and overall expenses before traveling to ensure successful trip. Sometimes, I wished to avoid doing such solid planning because spontaneity inspired me to out from comfort zone, don't over reply on the itineraries and create my own story. It reminded a quote like below. 
"To break free from your bucket list, set loose milestones and follow your instinct"---Harleen Kalsi 

Rosamond (2nd sister) motivated me to go there actually. Few months ago, I heard from Rosamond about Discovery Bay that wasn't in the Hong Kong tourists guidebooks. She loved Discovery Bay so much when watching TVB drama featured it. She didn't had the opportunity to visit there yet. Thus, I insist to go there to make Rosamond envy or jealous me. I admitted I was so immature and childish. Nevertheless, our sisterhood was very close.  

Enough talking, let's checked it out. 

How to Go There?

Ferry

  • Option 1- Taking 25 minutes ferry to Discovery Bay from Central Pier 3 
  • Option 2- Taking 15 minutes ferry to Discovery Bay Kai Tou Pier  from Peng Chau
  • Option 3- Taking 20 minutes ferry to Discovery Bay Kai Tou Pier from Mui Wo 
Bus

  • Option 1- Taking 20 minutes bus DB01R to Discovery Bay bus terminal from Tung Chung Citygate bus terminal
  • Option 2-Taking 30 minutes bus DB02R (i.e reach Discovery Bay bus terminal) & DB02A (i.e reach Discovery Bay North Plaza) from Hong Kong International Airport
  • Option 3- Taking 15 minutes bus DB03R (i.e reach Discovery Bay bus terminal) & DB03P (i.e reach Discovery Bay North Plaza) from Sunny Bay Bus Interchange (outside MTR station) 
Taxi

  • Taxi stand was located opposite Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong 
Read more about schedules of ferry and bus, please click H.E.R.E

We choose to take ferry from Central Pier 3
 The view along the way 

 From far away,we could see the Discovery Bay signboard 
Before entering the pier, you could find this 

Discovery Bay Attractions 

1) Discovery Bay Pier





After that, we hopped for C4 bus to Discovery Bay North Plaza (whereby few attractions were based at at there) 

Besides C4, C9 bus run between Discovery Bay Pier and Discovery Bay North Plaza. However, Auberge Discovery Bay Hotel also provided free shuttle bus (every 30 minutes) from Discovery Bay Pier to Discovery Bay North Plaza everyday started from 11.00 am

2) Discovery Bay North Plaza

It consisted of bakery, bookstores and restaurants. It was adjacent to Auberge Discovery Bay Hotel. 


 Further walking down,we found this peaceful space. 

3) White Chapel 

It must be very beautiful in night when lighting up 

 Everything was in white. It created the solemn feel 


4) Discovery Bay Love Lock Promenade 


Not much love locks compared what I had been seen in Malaysia and Korea 

5) Tai Pak Beach



What I regret most was I missed the horse carriage ride due to the early times. Hopefully, next time I can ride the horse carriage. I never expected I will gained lots of satisfaction and happiness at there. I loved it's peaceful and relaxing environment. I loved everything at there faced the sea that enhanced my mood. I loved the magnificent sea views without salty sea smells. I loved the clean air because golf carts and public buses replaced the private cars. I loved less crowd over there and hardly saw any tourists at there. 

If you're like me that love the small town or away from the hustle city, it's the best place. Even writing now, I missed Discovery Bay so much. Probably you might think the Discovery Bay seemed like ordinary place, perhaps my photography skills was very poor,thus can't capture the beauty and the peacefulness of the Discovery Bay.  Anyway, Discovery Bay is worth to recommend. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase