-->

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Exploring Bangkok

3/4/12

After 13 hours of long journey (around 7.30 am Thailand time), I finally reached Bangkok, the main city of Thailand. Definitely, the first destination of the Bangkok that the big bus arrive will be the Morchit bus terminal.

The bus was parking in the side of the road opposite of the Bangkok Bus Terminal
Skybridge that connected the opposite road with the Bangkok Bus Terminal
Good morning, Bangkok!





Buddha statue that can be found in the Bangkok Bus Terminal
Take the taxi meter in the Bangkok Bus Terminal. Headed to Khao San Road with 200 Baht.
Traffic jam because Thais going to work

Thanks to that nice taxi meter driver and drop us in the front of the Khao San Road because the taxi is not allowed to drive inside.
Khao San Road is the center of the backpackers. In here, a lot of Bangkok attractions could be found by walking with the foot.






Stay in D&D Inn

Check-in. We plan to take the twin standard room with the 850 Baht however the reception officer tells us we need to wait until 1pm Thailand time because most of the guests not yet check-out. Both of us lazy to wait and thus just take the single queen standard room that has the window and noisy because it was facing with the street(850 Baht). Key deposit= 500 Baht

A lot of European countries' backpackers









Taking our lunch in the Italian restaurant
Interesting interior design of the Italian restaurant





Grilled mushroom chicken + salad
the lobby of the D&D Inn. According to the reception counter, in order to go to the Grand Palace (the main attractions in Bangkok) is turn right from the back lane of the D&D Inn and then turn left and the Grand Palace is opposite the road.

The back lane of the D&D Inn have massage house, tailor house, Italian restaurant and so on.



The Tut-tut taxi driver agree with the deal of  40 Baht with the 4 main famous attractions in Bangkok.






Lottery





Donation box





I wish to stand more closer to monk but the monk seems so reject my closure. Isn't the pictures sound weird???
















Kuan Yin

The God of Wealth (财神爷)



The Tut-tut taxi driver takes us to the I.T.A.T. According to him, the travelers can get 20% discount on all the admission fees and other places of Thailand such as Chiang Mai,Pattaya.
The arrogant Chinese-faced information officer seem ignore us by never look at us when negotiate the tour package around the Thailand. In my opinion, maybe the Tut-tut driver will get commission when persuade travelers to the I.T.A.T
The Tut-tut drivers shows his "real face" by require us to go the jewelery shop. The 1st jewelery shop that he require us to go

The processing process of the Chin Jewelery Shop









The 2nd jewelery shop that he demand us to go. Due to the small size of this shop, we just go around this shop with 2 minutes. I found the Tut-tut driver is very angry. Who cares, how come the small shops can go around with 10 minutes. Si Bodoh Tut-Tut driver!
Sorry, I forget the name of the temple













I like the design, if my house is design like that, it will attract more "pencuri"




The nice guard that do not require admission ticket and let us to visit inside. The different treat happen on the European people. That's why I observe the European people will buy the admission ticket.













The schoolgirl of Thailand-with the short sleeves uniform and short skirs









The irresponsible Tut-tut drivers just drops us in the previous temple. After both of us leave the temple, he had disappear. I admit that the Thais Tut-tut drivers is very rude and immoral.
Thanks to him, I'm able to enjoy big discount sales along the road. The taxi meter in the morning had mentioned this wide range of discount sales and I really hope I can had the chance to come. Now, the opportunity is coming.....



 
Due to the hot weather reason, I am not enjoy to buy any clothes








The weather is very hot compared to Malaysia. within half an hour sunbathing in the discount sales stores, my face has turned red. Quickly grab a taxi to send us to the Grand Palace
Cantiknya, gerbang pintu ini.

Grand Palace (大皇宫)
The soldier











Admission fee counter. 400 Baht per entrance


























It was not allowed to take the pictures in the palace but I am able to snap the photo before the soldiers warning me. My China friend is not lucky as me because she was shouted by the soldiers and ask her to delete the photo now. Until now I still remember his fierce face and rude sounds.
Take the water from the basin by using the Lotus and put it on my head will bring good luck for me. Really hope the good luck will follow me forever.






This place is flooded with the tourists


Headed to Wat Arun/Temple of the Dawn. Before this, we need to across the Chao Phraya River with the 3 Baht





The blue-shirt European guy look like Justin Bieber









I have no idea the name of the temple
















My stupid camera has run out of battery and when I successfully walk up the steep stairs of the main phrang, which gives a reasonable view of the Chao Phraya River. At the main phrang of the Wat Arun, I amazed the whole Bangkok city view and stunning nature has offered. The above scene is taken from the 2nd ladder of the Wat Arun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase