-->

Monday 23 April 2012

They are not the Chinese!

This is my thought and opinion when I visit the Chinatown in Bangkok. There is no existence of the Chinese species in Thailand. Their face look like a Chinese face but actually they are not the Chinese. They are Thais. In Bangkok, it is really difficult to find the Chinese that can speak Mandarin. Even though they could speak Mandarin but their sound and pronunciation is not correct. they are not the Chinese but they imitate the Chinese food and song. They are "挂羊头卖狗肉"....................

The song that I heard when taking my lunch in one of the Chinese-Thais restaurant is " the moon represent my heart". That song was in Thai version. So funny............a Chinese restaurant display the Thai song. I noticed a Chinese shop that was selling "Tau Sha Piah" and asked the owner the date of manufacture. The old lady Chinese owner could not speak Mandarin and also English. I am so angry because I do not know how to communicate with them...the staffs in the shop was laugh at me.

Chinatown street:











I wish to but but my stomach space is limited due to having my lunch half an hour before
























面情粿=半边月亮 (Apam Balik)

Peanut Candy
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase