-->

Saturday 19 May 2012

Bunkasai UUM



晴天娃娃








I went to Bunkasai that held in the tapak Expo UUM which was next to PKU. Every day I was doing nothing except waiting for the interview call from the organization and the email from my theses supervisor. ‘ W.A.I.T.I.N.G” is the common term in my mind recently.

Attending the festival such as Bunkasai helped me to relieve the boredom of the long afternoon. I found that not much stalls in the Bunkasai. Chinese and Malay stalls were existing in there. It means the different food will have in their stalls respectively. Chinese stalls were selling tea eggs, kueh teow soup, bubble milk tea in wide varieties of flavor and so on. Fried bananas, fried potatoes, fried chicken could be seen in the Malay stalls. One of the Malay women were selling ‘Doraemon’ which I thought it was the Chinese food. Or I always found Doraemon sellers in Sibu were Chinese.

Chinese students were flooded in the Chinese stalls while the Malay students will visit the Malay stalls. I’ll admit that as a Chinese, I prefer the Chinese food. If there is a choice between Malay and Chinese food, I will pick Chinese food without hesitation. I greatly miss the Chinese food in my hometown, Sarawak like Kueh Chap, Laksa, Da Mie, Da kiao and so on. Sometimes I will hear the people say: eat to live or live to eat. For me, both phrases were depending on the situation. If I wanted to enjoy my life, “live to eat” is my main philosophy. If I strong desire to pursue something, “eat to live” will stuck in my mind.

Due to unemployed and waiting for the feedback from my theses supervisor, my life now turned “Eat to live”. Both kind of waiting were not fun. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase