-->

Friday 22 March 2013

A Sense of Helplessness

 The 4 subjects that I had produced
BTEC reference book (year 2004)
Those assessment criteria
All the subjects that intends to launch by my boss

Update on **23 February 2013**
 
In the end of the month of February, My boss informed me the BTEC  verifier, Michael Brook will going to provide training for me about producing BTEC assignment and assessment criteria for me.(That's the main reason he recruited me in to produce the "exam paper") 

Actually I was having the higher expectation towards the arrival of him because I hoped I can get the right guidance from him. I faced a lot of difficulties in generating the BTEC assignment that needed to meet the performance criteria set up the BTEC. *crack my head almost every day*(the BTEC assignment request for the case scenario for each learning outcome. There is not an easy task to have the case scenario that suit the learning outcome). 

My boss was misleading me and coaching me the wrong BTEC information. I seek the help from my colleagues; they all knew nothing and having the excuse that never involve in the BTEC producing assignment. *I didn’t belief the bullshit of my colleagues*. 

I learned from the part-time colleagues that there was a long story of launching BTEC in the college. Most of the colleagues were having the strike in strong opponents when introducing BTEC syllabus in my college because it requested a lot of procedures before releasing the BTEC Diploma (level 5) certificate. The students whether full time or part time that entitled to have the BTEC level 5 Diploma certificate will have the salary increment of 30% especially in the oil and gas industry in Miri.

Update on **14 March 2013**

The boss used the in-house office phone to ask me to go to his office to discuss the visiting of the Michael Brook in the coming Monday. 

Boss: How’s your progress of the BTEC assignment and its notes?

Me: 4 subjects had been settled

Boss: All print out. The old man (refer Michael Brook) like to check in hard-copy. The old man has eye problem, not suitable for him to check those assignment that save in computer. *giggles*

Me: Understood. I will print out tomorrow and put them in the ring file accordingly.

Boss: It’s better get ready to all the questions of the Michael Brook. This time can be considered as “assessment”. When he agree, we can run the BTEC Higher Professional Diploma in the coming May 2013. Until now, there has 50 college students (had paid the fees) waiting the offer of the BTEC Higher Professional Diploma. If he not agrees, it must be a big problem.

Me: Speechless *sigh*

I retorted in my heart:” money-oriented boss who was dare to collect the fees from the future students even though the processing of the BTEC assignment is not complete yet. (BTEC depended the assignment assessment to give the students the certificate). 

As I knew the fee of 1 student was RM 1000.Just imagine how much that he earned! My stupid boss is holding the principle of “talking without work” or “tin kosong”. If possible I’ll stuff whole tank of shit into his mouth!!!!

Update on **18 March 2013**

My first impression towards Michael Brook was he look like the founder of the KFC (the white hair old man that can be seen in the advertisement of the KFC). First time deal with Western Citizen or Ang Mo, I really couldn’t understand their English. The slank problem. I spend huge amount of time to digest his English language. 

Michael Brooke turned out nice. He helped me edit all the questions that I produced according to case scenario. I’m quite impressive with his ability in combining all the criteria in 1 question.  I cannot work to that extent. Am I stupid? Am I lame? According to Michael Brook, this was a skill, I needed time to develop. 

The main disturbing human during the process of guiding was my boss. He liked to interrupt the guiding or training process by asking a lot of silly questions in my opinion.*again* *shooting walls with machine gun*. I was demanding justice and I would like to bring this matter to count on internal workplace arguments. The most ridiculous part was he requested Michael Brook to promote the Higher Professional Diploma among the students. He was not the marketing staff. That was not his job responsibility. The most worst thing was Michael Brook had learned that we use the wrong BTEC reference book (he needed the year 2010 reference book while we used the year 2004).  My boss was using the excuse of not much difference according to the office in KL. *Angry*. It mean I had to redo all the task.

Update on **20 March 2013**

On 9.30am, Michael Brook arrived the college. Never imagine that an Ang Mo is so helpful. He gave me a lot of sample case scenario and questions that he creates for me. I’m quite happy when he assured me that I can produce the quality questions when you refer to his sample. He took out his international report form that consists of the criteria of the each college that should meet. I can sense that he quite satisfied with my unit assessment. I really hope everything can go well during his next time visit (he played the role of external verifier/examiner). 

The deputy principal of the college provided pizza as lunch. I assumed that he will consume two regular sizes of chicken and seafood pizza but he only indulged 2 small pieces of each chicken and seafood pizza. The day finished on 2.30pm when he said he needed to prepare for tonight’s dinner in Meritz Hotel Miri.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase