-->

Saturday 2 March 2013

Take me to Sibu Jaya

Update **17 February 2013**

My auntie lived in Sibu Jaya, Sibu. She had been lived there for 10 years from the single storey low cost house to double stories terrace house. In fact, I had  loose contact with my beloved few years ago. Pursuing studies in the Sabah and Kedah  is the main factors that caused my relationship with Auntie faded. Sometimes, Mama will urged me to contact with her. She was missing me a lot. (Auntie treated me nice by buying a lot of toys and stationary for me when I was in the younger age). The excuse that I was used for not contacting my Auntie was it was quite expensive when calling Auntie. I was the celcom line holder while she was Digi line. (SMS can be an alternative to contact her as well)

My flight to Miri on 17 February 2013 at 7.30pm. Due to Rosamond’s flight to KL was in the early morning 8am (we departed from Saratok on 5.45am), Mama decided to left me in Auntie’s house and request Auntie to sent me to airport during the night. At the beginning, I was quite dissatisfied with Mama decision. Few years unfamiliar with my Auntie drove me refuse to stepped in her house. Btw, I still followed my Mama’s decision.

We reached Auntie’s front gate on 7am. Auntie welcome us by opened the main gate for us. The rest of her family members still slept in their comfy bed. If there is a chat between  me and Auntie shall not avoid the boyfriend topic.

Among were the some questions asked:

Auntie: you told me frankly, do you have boyfriend?

Me: really don’t have

Auntie: why don’t find one?

Me: difficult to find

Auntie: have tofind from  now. That’s not easy to find the life partner once your age was increasing. Try to join some social activities !

Me: Silence. I will try best

Besides boyfriend topic, I will also share with her about my working experience and my current workplace. My auntie will advise me have to be careful when staying outside alone. She guided me how working well and managed the relationship with the colleagues based on her experience.
 

The living room



 
Say hi to my Auntie
Can't remembered their names!sorry
  This was Conan
Tied up with her housework
 

They are the best companion of Auntie (the children are grown up, have their own social circle)


Auntie was getting older



Mini radio (look alike the radio from her old house)

 
Toilet of the ground floor


 
Prepared for me
 
Conan,why you hide at there?
My auntie's husband. He was web checking-in(went to Kota Kinabalu)

Continue asked me what i needed in Miri *touching* concerned about me!

 
Nuggets and meat rolls for me


Apple for me.
 

 
This sleeping guy was my cousin
 

 
  His sister

 
signature fried rice of Madam Thian Sai Moi






 


Last minute school assignment.She was Ah Ling










Took care of that plate of chicken head
After waked up,sleeping guy (Ah Hown) became the tutor
He was 17 years old

Sitting like boss that was reading newspaper


From my conversation with my Auntie, I sensed that Auntie was not happy with her current life. She told me “tomorrow have to work, really feel tired. Maybe when I have to start go through 1 hour driving journey and 15 minutes ferry riding”. I remain silence. I could not help but what can I do is being the listener.

I learned one thing from this visiting that was no one can replace Auntie in my heart. Familiarity surrounded when I saw her face, listen to her ranting, the styles that she did the house chores.  I  know that you will not let me alone when celebrate the festive season if I had the chance to work in Sibu!

p/s forgive my unorganized flow of pictures
 
So Long,
Lee Chin  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase