-->

Sunday 30 August 2015

Last day in Seoul

Update on **11 June 2014**

We checked out on 7am from Seoul Backpackers and then headed to Incheon Airport.

Departure hall of the Incheon airport 

I like:

1. Efficient services. Incheon Airport reduced the queuing line by speeding up the passport checking process.
2. Super clean. I found that the floors were waxed and hardly to find any rubbishes on the floor.
3. Friendly staff. Smiles were displayed on their faces. They spoke good English too.
4. Spacious, cold and bright. Such environment brought comforts for the travellers. 

For my Korean trip, it was very fun and excited when exploring the attractions and experiencing the local Korean foods and culture. It was also very stressful and frustrated with my travel companion. Now I realized travelling can ruin the friendship. I even talked to my travel companions in Facebook after trip ended. 

However, this Korean trip absolutely reduced the likelihood to travel with them and might consider properly when travelling with friends for next time. Let me shared few important things that was necessary to consider when travelling with group of friends 

1. Travel companions' personality.

My travel companions were overbearing and uptight. Overbearing one loved to control the actions of others and dominate the group decisions without asking the others opinions. Meanwhile, uptight one easy lose her temper and often defensive even for the small matters along the trip. Their personality really annoyed me (x 10000) after spending more than a week with them. 

2. Small group


My Korea trip group considered big for me although 4 persons (included me).  I used to travel with one friend except with my family members. 3 persons can create trouble and made politics. Further, 3 person has different opinions, ideas and perceptions. Conflicts grew and developed very faster and it was super difficult to satisfy everyone’s demand. It ended up everyone suffered. 

3. Different interest

Everyone had different expectations when travelling. I like to spend lots of time visiting museum, temples, city, coffee shop and shopping. Others might not liked it and found that very boring. It happened to my travel companions and directly influenced their travel speed. I can’t match their fast speed in exploring historical places as I prefer enjoying and viewing the history artworks slowly.   

4. Travelling destinations 

Although we agreed on the attractions we wished to visit ahead of time, we still had disagreement when we reached the particular attractions. The other travel companions commented the particular attractions supposed not included in the itinerary due to similarities could found in previous attractions. 

In order to keep myself alive and happy along the trip, I isolated with them sometimes. Reducing the times with them will reduce the conflicts and dissatisfaction. I didn’t bother the conflicts that happened between 3 of them. Besides that, communicate can reduce the tensions resulted travelling with others. In my case, I’m pissed off to talk and advice travel companions because they were quite hypersensitive to any advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase