-->

Monday 17 August 2015

Locadia World

Update on **6 June 2014**

Our next stop was Locadia World in JeJu island. We were the only visitor of the Locadia World when we arrived there as I found only Mr Baek's car in the car park following none of visitors inside the Locadia World except us and staff. Luckily I had my own travel companions, otherwise I felt scared with the horror movies setting. 

Basically, Locadia World was the exhibition of Korean drama's history, traditional costumes, tools and setting. Besides that, it also had Western exhibition. Needless to say, I managed to shoot few famous Korean drama settings that I knew such as Winter Sonata, Boys over flowers with the provided drama costumes. 

Nothing to shout about the Korean drama setting since I was not the big fans of Korean drama. However, it's a great eye-opening experiences for me. 

Entrance fees = 32,000 woon

Anyway, let's picture did the talking.

In the entrance of the Locadia World. It had 2 main studios: Hallyu studio & World studio. 

Hallyu studio had 4 halls: 1) Drama history hall, 2) Hallyu historical drama palace studio, 3) Hallyu historical drama town studio, 4) Korea era modern studio

World studio had 1 hall: a) Western era village studio, Pushing daisy studio, England streets in early 20th century

Source of information (H.E.R.E)
Now I was in drama history hall surrounded with famous Korean drama setting
Winter Sonata. I remembered my whole family hooked this drama crazily 10 years ago
Boys over flowers
Seriously, I had no idea about this drama setting
But it's a perfect backdrop.
JoJo loved this drama, Princess Hours so much because it featured lots of teddy bears
 
The most scary part of the Locadia World, horror drama setting
This one too
Korean drama chronology started from year 1990 until 2000

It was Hallyu drama palace studio
Belong to the King for handling the country issues
Hanbook.
 
We learned to wear Hanbook based on the pictures procedures hanged on the wall.
Accessories of Hanbook
colorful Hanbook with King and Queen versions
It was Hallyu historical drama town studio. The setting looked like the Hong Kong TVB Tang or Ming or Qing Dynasty era. In ancient times, people believed and relied on traditional medicines. Hence, it had herbal stores that sold herbs powder and medicines. 
Herbal stores with lots of herbal bags.
Unknown medicine tools and equipments.


That's how ancient houses looked like
The structures and designs of Korean ancient houses
Ancient houses' interior designs
I loved Western village studio most compared other studios because it's ambiance, environment and  background music

I still remembered vividly the  background music: Take Me Home Country Roads (part of the lyrics went like this)

Country roads, take me home, 
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma, 
Take me home, country roads
I liked it's warm lighting. It's impossible in real life  had such lighting in morning meat market.

Wow, sexy lady took the shower
Empty hardware shop

I became wanted in this Western era


 



Western movies chronology
I was in Pushing daisy studio. The color tone in this studio was perfect for shooting







Wonderful flower shop
England streets in early 20th century




In the exit side, it had wall picture and profiles of the few actor and actress
He was my idol 10 years ago. Liked his actions and messages (i.e true loves beyond the death) in "a stairways to heaven".
Lee Byung Hun's signature posture in Iris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase