-->

Saturday 23 April 2016

5 Things I Have Learned From Travelling

Travelling means go from place to another either by cars, plane or ship. When travel, I can get away from the boring daily life and explore the new things. 

So, if I got enough money and times, I’m gonna plan the trip and just go. I prefer to plan my own trip and being the backpackers with my sisters most of the times. 

Few years travel within Malaysia and other countries make me realize 5 things. 

google image

1) Walking A Lot

First and foremost, backpacking tends to walk a lot. I can’t deny that travel through the tour agencies’ perfect arrangement is more comfortable but honestly I felt something missing. I can’t ask the travel coach drivers to stop at the halfway journey in order to let me enjoy the views or take many photos. 

This is different with backpacking. Backpacking really needs to walk for many miles to reach the attractions but at the end I satisfy the most. I allow pausing and seeing the amazing scenery and views throughout the walking journeys. Trust me, it is the R.E.A.L freedom. 

For instance in Central Hong Kong, I see the working adults move faster and quickly. They even touched me heavily when they walk faster and faster. Another example is strolling in Myeondong and other parts of Seoul, South Korea make me truly admire Korean women (white skin, small face and high nose) and wish to be like them too. 

google image 

2) Taking Public Transportation

Besides that, backpacking trip always choose for public transportation. Public transportation such as bus and LRT are the cheapest type of transportation for travel because to and fro for each attractions less than RM 10. It is good enough for the backpackers or budget travellers. 

Nowadays a lot of countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea provide the good conditions public transportation. It really brings conveniences. Various bus and LRT information to reach the destinations are also available online. It’s damn easy and totally zero cost. 

Taking public transportations in different timing also has different scenarios that really amaze me very well. In the weekdays’ morning especially during working times, all the working adults in proper formal attires rushing go to work no matter in LRT Singapore, Hong Kong and Korea. 

Meanwhile, in the weekend nights like Friday, the LRT full with the teenagers go to partying. Other than that, majority of the LRT passengers kept on staring their smartphones while the rest reading the books and have a nap. In short, without taking the LRT, I can’t see such scenario. 

google image

3) Must Try Local Street Foods

Every country has different local street foods. Local street foods symbolize the foods always eaten by the locals and widely found in the various streets. 

Hong Kong street foods are egg waffles, curry fish balls. Korea famous for the street foods like Ttebokki, Chap Chae. The travellers must try the local foods. Otherwise, it felt like they never been there. 

After back home from travelling, usually I crave for the certain street foods of the particular country. Recently, I miss the Hong Kong style macaroni with ham and cook by my own. 

But at the end, I fail to cook. It is so different with what I eat in Hong Kong. Perhaps I need to buy Hong Kong’s ham and pork broth to cook the Hong Kong style macaroni with ham. 

Local friends in Busan, South Korea 

4) Make Friends With The Locals

It’s always good for the backpackers to make more friends with the locals because they will recommend the interesting attractions and local foods that hardly found in the travel guide books. 

Sometimes, they will warn you the tourist traps. Further, when you mix with them, you able to see and experience their traditions. 


google image

5) Make Friends With Other Travellers

I always meet other travellers along the way whether I follow the tour agencies or backpacking with sister and friends. Those travellers are from all walks of life and different parts of the world. 

But they share the similar interest with me, that is travel. They even choose the same place to travel like me. Needless to say, some of travellers that I have encountered are very friendly. 

I recalled my Korean backpacking trip with the bunch of friends. We met a group of Singaporean backpackers. Few of them were share some valuable travel information about Korea to us.  Travel friends are great even though they exist in my life for a short moment of times. 

So, try to get more travel friends either in the backpacking hostel but the most important criteria you must confident to say hi with them. 

That's all. Hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase