-->

Friday 29 April 2016

My Not-So Healthy Breakfasts

Like above title blog entry, I used to have not-so healthy and nutritious breakfast while in home.

Those breakfasts are loaded with carbohydrates, sugar and fat which are not good for the health and gain weight easily.

Those unhealthy breakfasts are my childhood and now favorite. I even can eat these breakfast for whole day *joke* LOL.

Besides that, those breakfasts also represent Papa Tay’s and Jiu Jiu (Mama’s brother) love for us.

Papa “tapau” his daughters’ favorite not-so healthy breakfasts for them. Despite raining heavily sometimes, he did as usual too.

Jiu Jiu also cooks what we like to eat on breakfast if we request him to cook. We are so glad when seeing our decent breakfasts on the dining table.

Just realize I’m surrounded by loving Papa and Jiu Jiu

Anyway, my not-so healthy breakfasts are…..

1. Da Mee



My first not-so healthy breakfast must be Da Mee (dry noodles/干面).  It is widely found in the noodles stalls of Saratok but the prices are varies each other. Some charged RM 2.80 while the rest RM 2.50. It does not mean the prices determine the quality of Da Mee. The “Kung Fu” (skills and techniques) of the noodles sellers will do. I do try RM 2.00 of Da Mee but Da Mee is so amazing. 

2. Da Mee Pok


Besides that, my second not-so healthy breakfast is Da Mee Pok. Da Mee Pok’s noodle is slightly different with Da Mee because the noodle is broader, which means more chewy and tastier. It has the same price with Da Mee. In Sibu, people order Da Mee Pok from noodle sellers by saying “the noodles that are more flat and thin”. But in my hometown the noodle sellers understand Da Mee Pok. 

3. Kiaw


Kiaw also called as “wantan” in other Sarawak’s states and Peninsular Malaysia. It’s the flour made skin that stuffed with minced meats and boil in the water. It could be served in dry or soup. But I prefer dry kiaw. Usually, a plate of dry or soup kiaw consists of 10 kiaw. It is good enough for me to start my day. 

4. Laksa


Once in a while, I crave for Laksa too. The strong smell of coconut juice make me mouth watering. I restricted myself for taking too much Laksa due to prawns broth causes me skin itching and redness.

5. Fried Bee Hoon with canned cockles


It’s top of my food choice among Jiu Jiu’s cooking menu. Seriously, I can’t get such Bee Hoon in the market. It considers as the home cooked food that really comforts me very well. No high costs in getting fried bee hoon with canned cockles and the cooking process is very easy too. 

6. Red bean buns


I hook into red bean buns from Bread Label, Saratok recently. The red bean fillings are pretty enough. The buns are very soft and fluffy.

Above are my not-so healthy foods. Of course I don’t mean your guys completely can’t take these no-so healthy breakfasts. I’m just saying and sharing #justsaying #justsharing

It is quite suffered, right?

But once in a while, having not-so healthy breakfast is O.K as long as workout and exercises (though I’m not do so and become fatter and fatter).

We only live for once. Life no takes two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase