-->

Saturday 28 May 2016

101 Hotel Bintulu, Sarawak-Review

This was my first time stay at hotels in Bintulu, Sarawak though I had visited it 18 years ago for Bintulu Zoo and foods.

This time I chose to stay at the clean and budget hotel (because I’m the budget traveller), which was 101 Hotel, Bintulu.


I stayed there for a Sunday night that charged RM 100.70 for 1 double standard room. It’s a fair rate for me.

Since it’s not the luxury hotel with full facilities and service, there’s not much facilities and service here. 

However, it had basic amenities and services too. I narrowed down the provided amenities and services from the lobby to the guestroom.

 Upon walked in, I was greeted by the huge and clean lobby that signified meeting and waiting area. 
 The lobby had the comfortable sofa for conversation.
The lobby also got the small business center and 2 free computer for guests usages.  

There's a toilet in the toilet. The toilet was very clean and absolutely no smell. 
The bed was so firm while the pillow was soft 
safe deposit box, a power socket
 a work desk & chair, 2 mineral waters, a kettle but no tea or coffee, a mine refrigerator, 3 power sockets
bathroom with hot shower, soaps & hair shampoo 
2 sets of towels (face and body), a hair dryer

Besides that, it had complimentary use of WIFI, television and a cupboard, air-conditioner and fan (for ventilation purpose).  I apologize as I forgot to take these features.

The WIFI strength was very good.

Television got few television channels. I remembered I watched China Running Man until laughed out loud. 

Sadly, the mini refrigerator was stopped working. I first thought room attendants forgot to switch on the power and wanted to do by my own. In fact, it had been already turned on.

I can’t hear any mini refrigerator’s running sound. It was not cold and no lights at all. I was upset as I can’t buy any cold drinks to keep in the mini refrigerator.

Perhaps housekeeping supervisors or managers need to train the room attendants pay attention to the guest rooms’ details.

They should inform maintenance department once they found out.  

The bathroom attached with toilet had strong smell. So disgusting and I even closed my nose while in the toilet.

Fortunately, the smell was gone right after we took shower. The scents of the shampoo and shower gel covered the smell. 

Further, the hotel had very thin wall and I could hear the noises easily. I felt like I was close to the noise. I can say my sleeping was being disturbed. 

Moreover, the hotel also had problem with the linen and towels. I could see the yellow and black signs on the bed linens and towels.

The yellow signs on the bed linen

It made we wondered if the housekeeping room attendant did their works or the washing machines problems?

The room also lacked of chairs as I booked for double standard room (means 2 persons stayed there). It should gave 1 extra chair. 

There’s no breakfast provided. But don’t worry, there’re plenty of cafés, restaurants and bakeries waiting for you!

Majority of the restaurants near 101 Hotel were Halal café and restaurants. I only found 1 non Halal (Chinese) restaurant if I was not mistaken. If you loved hunting Chinese foods, this area might not suitable for you.

This hotel not located in the town center, possibility needed to call the taxi to go to town center.

If you interested to book? Here’s the contact:

101 Hotel, Bintulu,
Address: No 203, Lot 7932, Assyakirin Commercial Square, Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Contact number: 086-314172
Website: http://www.101hotelbtu.com/?pg=pages

1 comments:

prattcarla said...

Hello admin,
I am seeing your blog, its really awesome and i am verry happy.
Oh yes, i have also a site related to you.
Choosing a house cleaning service can be an overwhelming task. Follow these simple guidelines to ease you through it.

Industriel Cleaning Services


Your regards
Carla Pratt

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase