-->

Wednesday 25 May 2016

48 Hours in Bintulu, Sarawak

Update on **22-23 May 2016**

I accompanied my little sister, Mickey travelled to Bintulu couple days ago. She needed to sit a university admission test.

We initially wanted to take flight from Sibu bounded to Bintulu but we changed our plan after learning that the flight schedule didn’t fit us.

So, we chose to travel by long haul buses from Sarikei to Bintulu because Saratok (the place that I stayed) didn’t provide any long distances buses.

Fortunately, Sarikei (which was an hour drive from Saratok) had long haul buses. Otherwise, we must travel more extra miles just to get the buses. This didn’t even include the buses travel hours.

Take an example, let’s say I travelled from Sarikei to Miri took 8 hours. Plus I departed from Saratok to Sarikei long haul bus terminal 1 hour. All total 9 hours just spend on the road.

My goodness, I could say we’re so suffered.

Coming back to 48 hours in Bintulu, I didn’t explore any good foods and attractions because I shorted of times.

My main task was followed wherever Mickey went and protected her from any harms. Therefore, this blog entry was “bo liao” and not even good. Here we went…

Freesia, the bus company that we used (RM 38 from Sarikei-Bintulu). 
You see, you see. Sarikei long haul bus terminal got pork. I heard Mama said Chinese and Iban was the major ethnic in Sarikei, thus must have pork.
Our snacks aka lunch in the bus because we were only given 15 minutes break. 

It certainly not enough for us. But I managed to eat the decent nasi lemak, RM 1.00 being sold in the Sibu long distance bus terminal. 

After 5 hours, we finally arrived Bintulu. After check-in, the first thing we did was taking late lunch. Since we're so famished, we just grabbed the quick lunch at Sugarbun, Assyakirin Commercial Square (very near to our hotel).

1. Eating at Sugarbun, Assyakirin Commercial Square

 Widely seen Pezzo always with Sugarbun nowadays. Perhaps they were in collaboration 
Long bus journey made me love the "ching" type of Chinese soup with ric,which was less heaty and oily. I was very upset with the white rice which was so hard to swallow and no fragrance too. 
I'm quite pissed off with the workers' service attitudes. 

We had waited around 10 minutes for ordering because there was only 1 counter. 

Plus, the worker didn't committed in doing their jobs as they still chatting with the customers in front of me (their friends). 

They seemed not even bothered the next customers like us.  I saw some workers yelled here and there. Some even singing loudly which were strongly disturbed the customers. 

Other than that, the air-conditioner in the Sugarbun was not in well condition. It's so hot. Mickey and I nearly sweated buckets. 

Hopefully, they will improve their services from times to times!

2. Strolling around Assyakirin Commercial Square

All the buildings looked new, maybe it's the new township. Majority of the shops were closed down due to Sunday. Rare to see Chinese restaurant or food stalls as Malay restaurants flooded in this area.


3. Taking a lot of Selfie

 But I was so lazy to upload all,so just put 1 selfie 

4. Having buffet breakfast at Kemena Hotel, Bintulu

Next day morning, I craved for American buffet breakfast. So I proposed to Mickey and she agreed. We ended up having breakfast buffet at Kemena Hotel (next to 101 Hotel). 

It charged RM 15 for walk-in customer. I'm quite satisfied with the price as RM 15 buffet breakfast included nasi lemak, fried mee, fried rice, fried sausages, fruits, cereals. But it excluded Omelette. 

The only problem was the cutleries given to get the fruits or fried sausages were too big. It created the troubles to get the foods. 

The workers' service quality deserved a mention too. They quickly refilled the fried mee for example without customers' remind. They're very efficiency in cleaning the tables too. 



5. Visiting UPM, Bintulu (UPMKB)

It took RM 25 for 15 minutes taxi ride when came to UPM, Bintulu. 

While waiting Mickey for sitting the test, I walked around UPM, Bintulu. I was thrilled too because the weather was gloomy, which was the best times for strolling. 

Below was few pictures of UPM, Bintulu. Sharing was caring after all.

Information technology section, a place where Mickey sit for 1 hour's test
JoJo's faculty if she studied there 
My faculty if I studied there
So, I purposely explore inside. Can't see any undergraduate students. So silent. Scare died me!
Where was the "P" for Perpustakaan (means library)? I wondered if it didn't mention it's a library, I'll never came across with it 
Jungles and bushes everywhere
If Mickey not having test, definitely Selfie in this great red path  
The cafeteria looked empty and most of them were closed too. When came to menu, not much big differences with what I eat at UUM. 

Overall, I was so impressed with UPM, Bintulu's environment. It's so clean and comfortable look. 
If I got more times, I really wished to explore more!

That's all. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase