-->

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Looking After Little Sister for 2 Days

I travelled to Bintulu with my little sister, Mickey recently. It’s just the two of us. Papa, Mama and other siblings’ can’t tag along.

So, I needed to take care of her for this trip as the elder sister.

My goodness, it’s not an easy task!

First of all, I carried our luggage all the times. Luckily, the luggage was light and easier to carry. Otherwise, I’ll curse people.

Our light luggage

After that, I waited her in front of the public toilet payment counter. She took around 3 minutes to wash her hands and tidied her messy hairs.

When passed by the snacks stalls, I wanted to buy snacks but she insisted I must ask the snacks’ prices.

She became the finance minister this time, thus she had the autonomy, authority and power to control my expenses.

I always asked her “Ok or not this price?” “You satisfied with this price”

She also bought snacks and tidbits that caught her attention for herself.

After paying, she said “wow, almost RM 4 for the small and tiny snacks”. If Mama knew it, she was going to scold us loved spending.

Both of us promised we kept the snacks as our secrets. Nobody dared to reveal it. LOL

Sometimes, she approved my finance requests. Sometimes, she rejected my requests. There’s 2 times she was not allowed me to get what I wanted.

For example, I wanted to buy chickpea (one of favorite foods) at the rest and recreations area but it charged RM 2.00 for small amount of chickpea.

The chickpea stall at Selalang Food Court

Another one was she only picked 1 vegetable (no meat) for “Chap Fan” at the rest and recreations area.

She told me that if chose meat again was damn expensive, out of budget. So, both of us just had 1 vegetable with rice. Don’t know why, it still very tasty for me.

I then noticed Mickey don’t want to lay down her head on long haul bus’ cushion sofa. For her, it was very dirty as she saw white hairs on the sofa.

She never ever put her head on the sofa throughout the whole journey 

I just let it be as long as long she was comfortable with it.

Next, I assigned her to do the check-in while I took lobby’s photos for blog reviews.

But she said in worry “I don’t know how to check-in”. I guided her by saying that” just give your IC and told them you want check-in”. That’s it, so simple.

Her obedient characteristic was my greatest blessing.  Not much arguments and disagreement which provided so much peaceful day for me.

When arrived in our guestroom, she was the first to check the every corner. She made noise when she found out the toilet had the strong smell.

She did complain other things as well.

I just take our guestroom’s imperfections easy. I didn’t have high expectations because it’s not the 5 start hotel

It must be Mama offered a better living environment for her, so she got such higher cleanliness demand too when away from home.

It’s my times to advise her again.

Besides that, she also hated outing for late dinner. During night time, she preferred to lie on the comfy bed rather than food hunting. Thus, we had to “tapau” the foods.

It was different case of if JoJo (3rd sister) with me.  

I also asked her to stay away from the smartphones when having breakfast in the next day morning. She was so addicted and glued to her smartphone.

If she had plenty of free times, I allow her to play the smartphones actually.

Not only this, she loved to carry the phone and put it on the dining table. After that, she just completely forgot about it and I had to remind her.

So heartache if the smartphone was lost.

I seemed played the role as Mama to nag her attitudes and behaviors from times to times.

Even right now and the future, I still “sayang” Mickey because she’s little sister, the little princess in my homes.

No one was perfect. This included me. Sisterhood required tolerance and forgiveness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Lee Chin's Secret Garden. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase